[2.2.4.139] Woke up to Slowwwww world - delays & non-responsive

its not something with the sensor itself.. i had the same issue on 2.2.4 if you check the logs. the sensor is triggering but the automation fires but it appears the mesages are not getting to the light that you want to turn on or it gets there late like there is something deeper down in the mesh causing issues.. as mentioned 2.2.3 works fine..

1 Like

These are my observations as well.

But why would removing/reinstalling the battery (seemingly) make a difference? The mesh getting gunked up somehow, maybe by the sensor? I really don't feel like replacing them with zigbee sensors, especially since they worked before.

1 Like

Well, I noted that the light was on in the closed panty. That's odd. Wouldn't react at all. Exercised a few time, finally started working again. This is on a rule that's been pretty solid til now. I didn't remove battery.
And there is an ecolink contact sensor involved.

Though at some point it may become a pyrrhic victory (and/or sisyphean task) if it takes 6 months for you to figure out and solve the issue. :wink:

My go to contact sensor right now is the ring v2.. It’s 700 series, and fast.

I recently replaced all my contact sensors with this one

1 Like

Wait, aren't you the one who recommended the Ring Range Extender... :wink:

Yup.. mine are working great... I have 6 of them in key positions designed to maximize line of sight hopping

2 Likes

I wish my devices would play with mine...he's so sad and lonely. :wink:

2 Likes

I have nothing useful to contribute to this thread other than a show of support. I have never wanted to see Solution Checkbox show up at the end of a thread as much as I have had for this one.

:crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Just to make it clear, the problems I had that lead me to starting this thread have long been solved.

So to paraphrase the illustrious Bill Murray, "We got that going for us." :wink:

2 Likes

And there you go, @stephen_nutt. :wink: As usual, @bcopeland has the right answer.

2 Likes

Not solved for me. @bcopeland , see anything with the Ecolinks contact sensor now in your possession, or are we just going to blame Ecolink and call it a day?

I have seen some inconsistent reporting.. It's a little early to say for sure yet, but I think it's fixable at the driver level..

4 Likes

I meant solved for @velvetfoot . No offense @danabw

3 Likes

Oh I know, and I want him to find a solution too. I was just being incredibly funny. :wink: Shoot, now you're looking at me the way my wife does when I'm maybe not being incredibly funny...

2 Likes

I wasn't looking at you that way but I definitely know the look. It's the "you are as funny as a bottle of milk" look

2 Likes

@bcopeland Logging turned on.
(Not sure why the almost .2 second delay for the virtual door switch to open.)
(Could the double reporting be a factor?_

Initial Delay (lights off on door open):

Battery out/in, snappy:

Virtual devices have some delay, but for me it's typically around 40ms. Do you happen to run Hubitat Watchdog and run the virtual device test?

No

I noticed that of all my devices, only the contact sensors have a number after "out:" in the clusters column of the zwave report.