10-15 second delay

Interesting. I thought that was the z-wave radio database, but the hub database was still H2. Tagging @bcopeland to clarify.

Not sure. But whatever they have been doing, I do believe the system has become more reliable over the last few releases - I was assuming that's at least in part due to a more robust database (while I still have Z-wave delay issues from time-to-time, I no longer have issues with hubitat locking up and needing to restart, which used to be a problem). So definitely progress being made.

1 Like

The LWR RSSI is pretty bad on a lot of devices. I'm sure that's not helping. I'd say this would be a good candidate for better antennas or relocating hub more centrally.

2 Likes

I did that. before it was on the floor in the basement a couple feet away from the electrical pannel and behind a metal IT cabinet. which was in a room with fireproof insulation. was not optional, at all. probably the worst place in the house.

as of yesterday, it's in the roof of the basement / in the floor of main floor. maybe 10 feet from been dead center in the house (horizontally). and it's all wood (wood beam and wood floor)

but according to apps stats in logs, my all off scene took 49 seconds to execute :frowning:

last reboot is 4h ago. look better now:

Done the antenna mod yet?

1 Like

this?

no
any plan on a new hub with an external antena?

but number above looks much better, right?

1 Like

Given the current supply chain issues and chip shortages, it seems unlikely we’ll see a new hub with an external antenna until those issues alleviate.

However, early on in that external antenna thread staff had mentioned they may evaluate an external antenna for a future hub design.

Until then, my hub has an external antenna thanks to the kindness of @lewis.heidrick. And it works phenomenally well!

3 Likes

Here are my numbers with the antenna mod:

Notice how the db is much higher? Before the mod my numbers looked a lot like yours. The two in the teens are behind a fireplace line of sight wise.

1 Like

I dont like doing things like that, but your numbers convinced me.
the parts you listed are not all available (to Canadian at least)

would you mind confirming those would do?

that one is the one you listed.
https://www.amazon.com/IPX-UFL-Connector-Straight-Goldplated-Shipping/dp/B071JNGHWQ

then this would do I believe:
https://www.amazon.com/wlaniot-Antenna-External-Connector-Security/dp/B07GNC8DHH/

and I like that antena as it's a long wire and a antena with 2 face tape. less chances of breaking something if I move the hub. but it's only 3Db and you suggest 3.5+. would that do?
https://www.amazon.com/wlaniot-Antenna-External-Connector-Security/dp/B07GNC8DHH/?th=1
or should I stick with something like this (9Db)
https://www.amazon.com/wlaniot-Antenna-External-Connector-Security/dp/B07PZFV9NK/?th=1

thanks!

I wouldn't use the wire one but the other might work. You could post in the external thread and see what all the CAN users are getting.

1 Like

I have posted the parts I ordered here in Canada (Amazon) if you scroll back a bit.
The 2.4 and ufl parts seem fine. The 900 mhz duck didn't test that well but it is making a difference.

Dnickel, I dont see any post from you here.
im curently looking on amazon for some next day or quick delivery. hard to find the little connector to weld without a march delivery date

He meant the External Antenna thread.

Sorry, I did reply in the wrong thread. So used to seeing lewis respond in that thread that's where I thought I was :slight_smile:

1 Like

ok. I received the antenna and the cable IPX-UFL to SMA, but not the IPXUFL connector yet.

so I did a quick test and cut the IPX-UFL end of the IPX-UFL to SMA cable and weld it to the board (just like the original antenna is weld)

I do see a difference in the stats:

but after a few test, I dont see a huge improvement in delay to get a scene completed. (like my all off scene)

I should receive the IPX-UFL connector next week, ill give it a try.
them maybe another antenna.
some have reported it takes a couple weeks to settle. well, I have a week to wait for the connectors to arrive, will see..

feedback, comment?

I found it took weeks for the DIRECTs to improve and the 9.6k to start ot vanish.
I also found that the dB is not actively updated so I have to go into Devices and "Configure" any device I want to give me a current RSSI.
There may be a better way to refresh the dB en masse?

For lights I just go turn them on and it will update them.

1 Like

I look quickly on the web, zooz (zen72, zen32) dont seems to have any bad reputation.
safe to roll out poor zwave devices? (I only have zen72 and zen32, nothing else)

They're good and you can pair them fine... Do one at a time. If you have a failed pairing, stop, check for ghosts and remove before continuing.

1 Like