10-15 second delay

Your explanation does make sense. 3 seconds still seems like a long time but if you're using a scene and you have metering turned on, probably not.

1 Like

metering is off
still a huge improvement going from 30-60 seconds to 3!

2 Likes

Absolutely.

Do you have any power reporting devices? Sometimes those can generate a LOT of traffic.

1 Like

all I have are zooz zen72, zen32, zen17

ok, I found "app stats" which shows my all off (called dodo) took 7.5 seconds to run and my scene to turn on or off single floors were between 1.8 and 2.5 seconds.

anything else I should look for?
anyone can spot something bad in the z-wave mesh tool report I posted?

1 Like

Can you also include the route and security?

1 Like

sure! :slight_smile:

that's a lot of yellow and red...

Thanks. It looks like 0x0A is used as a repeater for multiple devices. Of concern, it's signal to noise ratio isn't great.

Yes, but not terrible.

yeah, that dimmer is in the furnaise room. and that room has insulation that is also fire proof (ish)
can I manually change routes?
anything I can do?

No. You can repair individual nodes. Or:

1. Power down your hub (unplug it from the outlet end, not the hub end - the microUSB connector can be fragile).
  2. Power down 0x0A (from the breaker)
  3. Power up the hub and let the mesh stabilize.
  4. Power up 0x0A.
1 Like

@user139 9 For what its worth ... I also have these random 10 second delays. Nothing has fixed it. I long ago came to the conclusion that its a problem with Z-wave. Recently, there have been some postings from others with similar problems, but reporting that Silicon Labs has now found some bugs in their code that may be the cause. I understand Hubitat is currently testing the updates Silicon Labs SDK for possible release in the next update (probably a few weeks - but that's just a guess). See this thread: Zwave get updated 7.17.1 - #74 by dman2306 . Personally, I'm not trying anything else to fix the problem until after this update is released.

Interesting. I thought that was the z-wave radio database, but the hub database was still H2. Tagging @bcopeland to clarify.

Not sure. But whatever they have been doing, I do believe the system has become more reliable over the last few releases - I was assuming that's at least in part due to a more robust database (while I still have Z-wave delay issues from time-to-time, I no longer have issues with hubitat locking up and needing to restart, which used to be a problem). So definitely progress being made.

1 Like

The LWR RSSI is pretty bad on a lot of devices. I'm sure that's not helping. I'd say this would be a good candidate for better antennas or relocating hub more centrally.

2 Likes

I did that. before it was on the floor in the basement a couple feet away from the electrical pannel and behind a metal IT cabinet. which was in a room with fireproof insulation. was not optional, at all. probably the worst place in the house.

as of yesterday, it's in the roof of the basement / in the floor of main floor. maybe 10 feet from been dead center in the house (horizontally). and it's all wood (wood beam and wood floor)

but according to apps stats in logs, my all off scene took 49 seconds to execute :frowning:

last reboot is 4h ago. look better now:

Done the antenna mod yet?

1 Like

this?

no
any plan on a new hub with an external antena?