10-15 second delay

ok, all insteon stuff are unpluged. no change.
I turned on all lights in the house took about a minute according to logs.
programing is: button controler push calls the "dodo" scene first, then a rule machine that change 6 led color on zooz zen32 and call 2 more rule machine that each change led colors on 2 and 4 zen32

and why did it dim a light at 14% and the other at 99% ????? scene "dodo" is pretty clear they should be off! what is that???

scene:

and logs when I called the scene:

actually, it took the device "RDC-Cuisine-D" that was on, and dim it to 14% and then later it turned in all on.
that's just none sense. the scene is saying to turn it off, not 14%, wait 30 ish seconds, and then on!

can my hub be faulty? im new in zwave and hubitat, but that can't be a zwave signal issue...

I think it still is. To test this, can you enable metering for your scene? And set the milliseconds of delay to be 200 ms. Run the scene manually see how it works. If it works, reduce the metering in steps down to just before it stops working.

it performed much better. I would need to try it a few times. but on the first try it was much better. why is adding a 200ms delay fixing it? (for my knowledge)

Because you're not flooding the z-wave network with repeated transmissions and ACKs.

3 Likes

Turn off debug logging. Install @tony.fleisher's Z-Wave Mesh Tool:

This will give you a better perspective of the issues with your z-wave network and possible approaches to fix it.

We'll also get to see what your device communication data rates are.

1 Like

hum ok, I would have assume (hope) the hub would be smart enough to not shot itself in the foot?
so what would you recommand? try 150, 100, 50 until it breaks?
then apply that number to all my scenes?

is this something that should be done by everyone or it's for my house only due to my weak signal?

Sure. Seems reasonable.

Yes.

This is going to vary by network size and mesh reliability.

3 Likes

I was under the impression I disabled debug logging on all switches. is there debug login to turn off elsewhere?
ill install the zwave mesh and report back.

thanks aaiyar!!

1 Like

here is the result of the zwave tool. anything I should investigate?

need opinion here. I think I may have found the issue.
i have a user app available here called [Switch Bindings] to do all my six 3 ways.
the scene "dodo" had all dimmers.
so every time one of the switches got turned off by the DODO scene, it was also calling the [Switch Bindings] to turn off the other switch. then the scene got to the other dimmer which called again the same switch binding.

I assume that doing this created a lot of zwave traffic and CPU cycle for hubitat.

so now I changed all my scene to only call one of the dimmers part of a 3 way and let the Switch Bindings handle the other dimmer of that 3 way.

and that might explain why I was seeing hubitat pushing 14% dim level on a led when the scene was for o%. maybe Switch Bindings kicked in when going from 100% to 0% and synced at 14%

I did 6-7 test calling (2nd floor on, basement on, main floor on, house off...) and worst case was about 3 seconds

im new to hubitat. am I all full of none sense here?

1 Like

Your explanation does make sense. 3 seconds still seems like a long time but if you're using a scene and you have metering turned on, probably not.

1 Like

metering is off
still a huge improvement going from 30-60 seconds to 3!

2 Likes

Absolutely.

Do you have any power reporting devices? Sometimes those can generate a LOT of traffic.

1 Like

all I have are zooz zen72, zen32, zen17

ok, I found "app stats" which shows my all off (called dodo) took 7.5 seconds to run and my scene to turn on or off single floors were between 1.8 and 2.5 seconds.

anything else I should look for?
anyone can spot something bad in the z-wave mesh tool report I posted?

1 Like

Can you also include the route and security?

1 Like

sure! :slight_smile:

that's a lot of yellow and red...