Zwave smart switch and dimmer fingerprints

If you have an older Z-wave dimmer/switch that was working with the previous driver, is there any benefit of using this one? Stability? Many of my dimmers/switches are older GE Zwave (not plus). Just curious. I changed a couple and they work, just not sure if there was any benfit to changing the remaining ones.

nothing gained, in fact these do not support polling, or refresh from applications.
The intent of these is to place all switches/dimmers that do not require polling into these drivers.
The ones that do will remain in the original set.
This is to prevent users having a mix of old and new GE devices from polling all of them, even those that have no need for it.

FYI, Aeotec Smart Switch Gen 5 only pairs in secure mode according to their support. I’ll probably need to make a custom Device drive.
Thanks for the help!
Craig

MCOHome z-wave dimmer switch - appears to be working, with both drivers, using the smart dimmer as for some reason with the google home integration it doesnt recognise the generic z-wave dimmer as a light switch.

Other thing i noticed is that the minimum dimming setting seems to turn the switch off at around 20% where it should go down to 2% This may be the switch or the driver, unsure.

• deviceType: 20762
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x73,0x85,0x59,0x26,0x20,0x70,0x27,0x2B,0x2C,0x7A
  • outClusters: 0x20,0x2B
  • deviceId: 5203
  • manufacturer: 351

@mike.maxwell any chance you (or someone else) could add energy and power reporting/metering to the generic z-wave smart dimmer driver?

Or if anyone could point me to some kind of code base for this or a similar driver where I could try to add it myself, that would also be extremely helpful :pray: