ZWave shot?

I think my Zwave radio in my C7 is shot. I had this problem before the Zwave wasn't working so I reset the radio, paired all the devices new, wrote several rules and everything was working almost fine except 2 devices that I had issues with the connection sometimes. I had it up and running pretty good until today, all of a sudden none of the Zwave devices worked anymore. Zigbee is fine.
I rebootet several times shut down and unplugged for several minutes several times and still the zwave didn't come back to life. I invested days writing rules and automations and now it's dead. I'm frustrated. I switched from Smartthings to HUbitat because I didn't like the ST delays but I think if I have to start all over again I'll go back to ST.
Every time I do a Zwave repair, all the nodes fail.

Did you contact HE support when this happened before?
You can open a support ticket by sending email to: support@hubitat.com (there is a shortcut with the "Support" link in the header on these community pages).

Just curious, how long was your Z-wave network working for before this happened?

Do you have any ghost zwave devices?
I had the same problem with my C7 zwave
I had to delete a ghost device using my Aeotec Z-Wave Z-Stick and how to delete zwave ghost devices
After it was deleted I shut down the hub.
After the hub completely shut down itself.
Then I unplugged power from the hub.
After a minute I powered the hub back on.
All the zwave devices started working again.

I don't have any ghost devices. I had the hub shut off over night, turned it on this morning and still the same. I made a backup and a soft reset. Hopefully that will fix the problem. I invested too much time with rules etc. To give up yet

Update : I contacted Hubitat Support this morning, as I read in many other posts there is no response of course :frowning: . I gave it another try. Made a soft reset, reset the Zwave radio and paired everything again. So far so good. No issues YET :wink:

FWIW, people are less likely to take to the forums to share when support gets back to them promptly, even if that’s the norm (although occasionally people do publicly express gratitude for a job well done).

They are in the midst of some major beta testing that’s probably keeping support even busier than usual. If you got a ticket assigned from your initial email, I’m sure they will respond as soon as humanly possible.

3 Likes