Zwave Repair does not appear to be working

Hi all.. I am new to the site so apologies if I haven't found an answer that might be on the site...

I have a new C7. I have loaded all updates and have included zooz switches and evologik dimmers.

Program response from the hub has been slow and sporatic.

I tried a Zwave repair. The Hub starts the process and tells me that the nodes are being refreshed...and then nothing... I have had the page on for well over and hour.... several times...and nothing.

I have rebooted... tried again...and nothing

In general with the C7 you shouldn't need to do a Zwave repair, and most certainly not a full repair. When you do need a repair it is much better to target a single device that may be having routing issues.

4 Likes

Is that the same hub that was stuck in the rebooting cycle? If so, please send me a private message so we can take a look to make sure you are not dealing with a hidden hardware malfunction.

2 Likes

Do you see this button on your Z-Wave Details page?

If so, select it to update your Z-Wave firmware.

After doing so, post screen caps of your Z-Wave Details page - include all columns and rows (it may take several captures to get all your devices).

If you have trouble posting caps, join the "owners" group to enable that:
Hub owners - Hubitat 3

Oops - just saw Bobby's post after I posted...follow his direction first! :smiley:

3 Likes

I hit send 3ms before you :wink:

1 Like

I know, saw after I posted. I started my message when no one had replied, finished/posted and the world had chimed in. Slooooooow typing/lots of distractions... :smiley:

1 Like

I don't have an update firmware button..... I will do nothing till I hear from Bobby..
Thanks for your help as well
Standing by....

:+1:

That means the z-wave firmware is already up-to-date.

1 Like

Can you post a shot of your z-wave details page in it's entirety?

2 Likes

I am letting Bobby do his magic.... I am not touching the Hub till he's done

Thanks

1 Like

Unfortunately, I wish I had a magic wand. We checked your hub's engineering logs and the Z-Wave radio recovered itself and is currently functioning properly. I will continue to monitor, but meanwhile, please post the screenshots of your Z-Wave Details, as it sounds like you have a few bad players.

3 Likes

repowered the Hub..

Can you post the whole thing (all pages?) Best use the snip tool in windows

2 Likes

This is today's device list.. Would you please share with your colleague

Based on your logs, you have some hyper active devices that keep your radio busy. I would screen your logs (past Logs) to identify which devices are generating frequent simultaneous events and adjust their settings less frequently, especially if you are trying to add more devices. The past logs should show you these devices. If you see activity every few milliseconds, those are the devices with problems. If your Z-Wave Details table is still empty, please shut down from Settings, then unplug the power from the wall outlet for 30 secods before plugging it back in. At this point the Z-Wave radio doesn't show signs of hardware malfunction, but rather overloaded.

3 Likes

gad zukes...... I'll look and see what I can find....

The symptoms your hub/radio is showing are consistent to an overloaded radio with frequent power reports (might not be power reporting events per se, but simultaneous events from multiple devices for extended period of time would have the same effect):

1 Like

I activated Echo as an app but haven't linked to "her" yet.... The log shows errors because HE can't talk to "her"..... so I've removed the app.... we'll see what happens

And I found an Aeotec multipurpose sensor that's reporting frequently.... I don't know how to turn down the reporting frequency so I've reduced motion sensitivity to the lowest level. I tried to turn off the lux setting but I can't save a new setting

I'll keep looking but the rest of the devices appear quiet.

I hope this changes the situation. I depend on home automation .

Thanks for the help thus far

Do you have any power reporting devices? If you don't need power reporting turn it off for that device. If you do, lengthen the reporting time. Do you have any zooz stuff in your mesh?

1 Like

Solution

Thanks to all who have pitched in esp Bobby.

The hub was hyperactive because I loaded the Echo App and didn't connect it to Alexa... As a result, the hub was bombed with errors in the log file.

I also added an Aeon multipurpose sensor and powered it via usb. I had to adjust the reporting settings by excluding the sensor and reincluding it with batteries... The settings changed and the hub is now quiet.

Lastly, I found that EvaLogix dimmer plugs really don't work very well and they do not report their state condition to Actiontiles.

Thanks to everyone who helped!

2 Likes