Zwave outlet does not update

I have a GE Zwave outlet. If I manualy push the button on the device to turn it on the device in Hubitat does not update to show it was turned on. Is that normal.
I have others same type that do the same thing they all use a the same DH (Generic Z-Wave Outlet).
Also under State Variables it says * WARNING : Unsupported Device Model - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!

What's the model number? GE made z-wave outlets and z-wave+ outlets. The z-wave outlets will not inform the controller when there's a change in state, due to limitations in the z-wave protocol.

A non-Z-Wave Plus device won't be able to update status when switched manually. If you want to use the device, you will need to set up polling to update the hub. Be careful implementing polling that you don't create a lot of events and bog down your hub.

This is not something a system driver would have done. You must have bee using a user (custom) driver at some point in the past that wrote this value there. It may have had relevance for that driver. It does not mean anything on its own otherwise. You can use the "Device" driver to delete state variables after switching drivers if you want, otherwise it shouldn't really matter.

2 Likes

Yes that is correct, that message is from one of my custom drivers. You possibly tried using my plugs driver to get it working?

If you are not sure of the exact model # of your device then please post the entire "data" section from the bottom of the device page. I have a web site I use to find the model details from that info.

1 Like