Zwave network not working well after zwave update

Yes I just wanted to rule out some sort of old construction with metal lathe on all the walls.

What model Zooz is your Overhead Livingroom Light?
Also make/model for:
Outside Garage Lights
Front Door Lock
Bathroom Light

I suspect one of these devices is starting the issues.

Front Door Sensor is also suspect, especially if it is sending a lot of messages.

I am also still interested in this :point_up_2:

1 Like

Please find my answers in bold.

I rebooted yesterday so route changes are low. I'll have to pull off switch plates for exact model numbers unless certain device info tells you the. model.

Can you post this from the native z-wave settings page?

He did earlier up above, I asked for it from that app because it shows more info.

I can see the lock has 66 messages and 52 route changes. Do you have a strong repeater near the lock?

1 Like

Ohhhh, this totally makes sense! Yes I do. It's the dead front porch light switch haha. I bet it routed through that and is now confused. The hallway switch is probably 15 feet away, line of sight.

1 Like

Not only is it confused but it having a hard time finding a good route. It must not be getting acks back fast enough or something so it keeps pining the network looking for better routes.

Normally pulling a device out the mesh would self-heal and figure it out eventually, but it looks like the lock was left stranded with no good routes to the hub.

If you get a repeater closer to that lock or just pull the batteries on it for now, the whole mesh will probably be happier.

So still not sure what it was, but the network seems to be improving. I have replaced one of the bad switches, now resulting in a third ghost node..... Now I need to get rid of all these ghost nodes.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.