Zwave get updated 7.17.1

Which stick, @kahn-hubitat ?

Look above a few messages - I posted links for Aeotec, Sillabs, and Zooz.

2 Likes

link doesnt work

It’s in the github links he posted from 2 days ago

2 Likes

thanks

1 Like

Reading about the issue--and thinking of some of the biggest issues the Hubitat has had--this could be a HUGE issue.

If the fix works--and it solves a communication problem, it would seem to easily be one of the single best fixes yet.

1. The Delays people have talked about
  2. The messed up routing (crazy indirect routes)
  3. Devices (esp sound ones) repeating many times

etc.

I'm STOKED to see SiLabs may have a fix!! :slight_smile:

I'm super interested to see what @bcopeland (maybe @gopher.ny also) have to say about it.

Not sure if it will make it into 2.3.1 -- but hopefully they are able to start testing it soon. And, if it works well, let us opt into the firmware update once it proves to be stable.

W00t! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Stick still works after the update...joined hub, all devices showed in PC Controller, excluded. Nothing blew up, so that's good, right? :wink:

The real test would be to fire up HA using the updated stick and blast out commands turning all lights and switches off and on with no delays in between commands. If it survives that, well, I believe that's what the update is supposed to fix.

2 Likes

Sounds like a job for Super-@erktrek!

:wink:

3 Likes

_underdog_kc

There's no need to fear....

8 Likes

It would be nice if they gave us the ability to use external sticks like the UZB-7 on the C-7 like they do for the C-5.

Whilst fantasizing would also be great if it could be selective so a Z-wave stick would only disable internal Z-Wave..

Also want a pony...

9 Likes

Yep. That would make failed hub replacement really easy. (External stick, not the pony).

But I’d really like to see how Lewis Heidrick (@lewis.heidrick) would do the dual external antenna mod on the UZB-7 stick.

4 Likes

I am pretty sure that is exactly how the C5 hub works today. If one plugs in an external USB Z-Wave only radio stick, only the internal Z-Wave radio is disabled. When Hubitat was shipping the C5 to Europe, I am pretty sure it came with a country-specific Z-Wave USB radio in the box. The internal Zigbee radio was still used in that scenario.

2 Likes

Okay cool - that makes sense but wasn't sure and I didn't verify during my quick y cable test above.

1 Like

I am testing the new firmware… No promises on a release date, it will depend on many things.

22 Likes

That is going to cause me a lot of nightmares...

4 Likes

That's exactly what I told @erktrek about the pony. But he just won't stop bringing it up...

6 Likes

Mission accepted

4 Likes

Mission complete, cut signal pin trace to internal antenna and solder on lead:

14 Likes

That looks ridiculous. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nice work though!

3 Likes

I don't have a bigger antenna or I would have used that instead. :rofl:

15 Likes