Zwave crashed

Hello all
I believe my c7 zwave radio crashed and I need help. Does anyone have any tricks I missed on other posts?

Symptoms:
-My table of devices is empty,
-my zwave lock is unresponsive (Schlage, not sure Model) only zwave device
-Firmware update freezes always
-Device inclusion and exclusion does not work with a new zwave plus ge plug

What I have tried:

• full shutdown then removal of power, wait 5 mins per @rlithgow1 advice in other posts. I’ve done this multiple times now

• reboot (understand it doesn’t reboot the zwave radio now)

• reset the zwave radio (always fails)

• soft reset the Hubitat (restores right back with all of the same symptoms)

• I put in a ticket with support @bobbyD , but maybe I missed something easy and it’s a holiday weekend so I don’t expect a quick response

Well, that's not good. If the Z-Wave didn't come back after a power cycle, most likely your radio went bad. Have you made any recent changes (added new devices)? Do you have Hub Protect?

If yes to above questions, then try restoring a cloud backup to see if that resolves the problem (note that recently added devices will not be there).

When the radio is offline, no Z-Wave functions are available (no reset, no inclusion/exclusion, etc).

Can you try a new power supply? Something that puts out at least 1A at 5VDC?

2 Likes

Nope, I discovered it at a cottage we just got to. I was going to add an outdoor plug and a indoor plug to the zwave network, but now here we are.

Not on this hub, it’s less than a year old. Am I hosed?

Trying this now, I’ll try anything at this point. Don’t want to have to drive hours to civilization to fix it

1 Like

I have had a hub that would boot but Z-wave failed after about 4 to 6 hours and it turned out as the power supply heated or the resistance in the device increased the voltage would drop to the point it couldn't keep the Z-wave USB stick running this was a C-4. I assume the same can be the same with the on board radios.

1 Like

New power supply tried instead of the supplied one a maker multi charger with up to 2.4a per port. All of the same issues. Thanks for the ideas though.

@bobbyD, what do I do now? I think I’m still in the 90 day warranty, but vacation math and child wrangling may be affecting my faculties.

You can submit a warranty claim here:

Hubitat Support will help you determine whether your hub is in the warranty period or not.

Already done, I guess now I wait

1 Like

Anyone know how long it should take for the claim to be assessed? It’s been 16 days according to the counter here and I have not received any communication outside of the help y’all provided in this thread

1 Like

You probably should have heard back within a day or two. @bobbyD

3 Likes

Oh, no that's terrible, please check your spam folder, we certainly replied. Also check the notifications in the upper right corner, I am sending you a private message.

3 Likes

To anyone that might be reading this, a new hub was sent and I’ll be looking to rebuild when I can get back to the Hubitat. Thank you to everyone and @bobbyD for the help!

2 Likes