Zooz ZSE41 open/close sensor 700 series

I don't have a USB stick, but I had good luck (other than the one nightmare one) with the C5 hub and using the community firmware updater driver. I did have to move the hub to be very close to the sensors though.

I got the ZSE42 1.30 firmware from support tonight. Just flashed it on 2 of my devices, so we'll see how it goes. Working so far, though.

Sorry the kids got sick this past week and i have no been following. They gave me 1.21 for both the window and leak sensor.

I see below you got 1.3 so i wonder what has changed. 1.21 has been running great so far and i had no problem updating them from the silcon usb7. The C7 i have would not update them at all, just sits there for hours and kills the battery.

I also have a 1.30 for the ZSE41.

Support said they thought that 1.21 and 1.30 are the exact same, and were renumbered for internal reasons (maybe beta vs production - don't know, they didn't elaborate).

@agnes.zooz Could you possibly verify this? Thanks!

I haven't installed the ZSE41 1.30 yet - I queued it up to install on the one I have on zwave js, so it should update next time it wakes up (10:30pm tonight I think).

Is this as a secondary controller? I may need to figure out how to se that up on my "server" (aka old gaming laptop). The one thing that the PC Controller doesn't do is play nice with battery devices when it is a secondary controller.

No, separate zwave network. I have lotsa independent zwave networks of many different types/brands - I tinker a lot. Everything in my house ends up in node-red anyway, so it doesn't really matter to me that much where it originated from (as long as it is reliable).

Since the firmware update was going so much better on zwave js, I just moved all my zooz sensors over there.

That said, queuing it up doesn't always work in zwave js, either. Hit or miss. It is better to just manually wake it and get it done.

That's correct, 1.21 was beta and 1.30 is the production release.

4 Likes