Zooz ZSE40 v2.0 4-in-1 Sensor Relative Humidity Report Rate/Frequency

I have a couple of these sensors that I would like to use in my bathrooms to trigger the exhaust fan to operate during periods of high humidity. I am using the built-in driver, but am finding that regardless of the selected RH change trigger setting the sensor doesn't report changes very often (more than 5 min between reports). Am I doing something wrong or is this a limitation of the device?

Thanks!

The device only takes measurements every 3-5 minutes and that interval can't be changed.

I've come to that conclusion, thanks @krlaframboise, I think I'm going to try the Aeotec Multi-Sensor 6 with USB power, from what I understand it allows adjustment of report intervals as low as 30 seconds when powered by USB. Also I understand Zooz has a "V3" of their sensor coming out soon that will have a USB power option and adjustments for report intervals.

Where did you hear that?

Chatting with Karen at "thesmartesthome.com" this morning. She hinted at a "June-ish" release.

1 Like

I've confirmed that they have no plan for V3 of this device at this time.

Those features are in the new Multi sensor they'll be releasing within the next couple of months.

After re-reading the email, I agree. The way it was worded it led me to assume it was still a ZSE40 but it did state it was a different model.

Damn I wish I had read this before buying the Zooz 4-In-1. I was also hoping to use it to trigger the bathroom fan.

I use these, they work great. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Iris-Motion-Sensor-IL07-3rd-Generation-Works-with-SmartThings-Zigbee/153437876092?hash=item23b99c2f7c:g:21gAAOSwJRFco7Nh

Thanks. Around how often is it reporting humidity? The data sheet doesn't say.

If the Humidity level doesn't change it can go a couple hours without reporting humidity. But if the Humidity changes (like taking a shower) it will report within 5 minutes of the change.

The problem I had with my Zooz 4-1's is they wouldn't report humidity at all if motion was "active" it would only report if motion was inactive, which defeated the whole purpose of using the sensor as "4-1" occupancy sensor with humidity. So my "turn on fan" rule only ran after the shower was over and you have left the bathroom.

:man_facepalming: Well then... that's an interesting decision by the Zooz product team.

I don't need temperature reporting... don't even need LUX. I wish I could disable those features in order to save battery power, and instead force the sensor to report humidity more often so automating the fan is actually worth the trouble (and cost.)

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.