Zooz Zen72 Freeze

Nice. Iā€™m glad you are making progress.

Hello. After a few days it looks like the problem of Zen72 freezing stopped. I updated firmware from 3.1 to 3.3 on all Zen72. Also installed Leviton 51120-1 surge protector.

Considering the frequency of power cycles (breaker resets) for all these Zen72 devices, is there anything specific that needs to be checked on the Z-wave mesh?

1 Like

Not really, it may have caused some issues when a device went down but it should recover on its own. If you have any devices showing really odd routes in zwave details it could be from re-routing when something went down, you could run a repair on just that device.

As long all devices have a good response time it is best to just let zwave do its thing.

1 Like

So, i had about 20 old Linear original Z-wave dimmer switches, which about two years ago arbitrarily started slowly going from zero to 100 and back down again, maybe once a month per switch. I assumed it was the old Linear dimmers, and replaced them all (!) with Leviton or GE/Enbrighten Z-Wave plus switches. Now, the dimmers on those same circuits are occasionally arbirtrarily locking up entirely, as you've described here. It only happens on switches that are not on a three-way circuit. It's totally bizarre, and I can only conclude that there is something that happened in a Hubitat firmware update around 2022 that is causing this to happen. It can't possibly be the switches, since it's three brands on the same circuits. I've tested the voltage and everything is stable and fine. I'll post this separately and reach out to Hubitat as well.