ZOOZ Zen34 is great!

I have been using the ZOOZ Zen34 Zwave switch for 18 months now and it finally dropped below 30% on battery monitor. These work very well for me. I just put them on a table or wherever I need them. I don't use them for wall-mounted switches - yet.

3 Likes

Have a few of these that I haven't changed the battery in over 10 years.. They're ridiculous

3 Likes

Yes - same experience! Picos FTW!

I started with Lutron with my Wink 1.... Never been so happy with a home automation decision (Lutron, not wink lol)

1 Like

The Pico pedestal mounts are impressive too... I thought those would maybe just be gimmicky, but they are really well & thoughtfully designed -- just the right amount of heft and angle.

But it's nice to have other options too like the Z34 and even Hue dimmers -- the larger actuation surface of the Z34 and Hue dimmer buttons can be useful for stuff like a "work by feel" bedside remote.

3 Likes

Insteon made some nice mini remotes too - rechargeable. I might have recharged every few months but longest one I had for close to 10 yrs and it didnt seem to ever hold less of a charge since new.

I'm using a few zen34s now and have no complaints with them either - other than I did update the fw to v1.4 because it was spammy on v1.3

For my Zen34's, I use the Jasco 39943 table top stand. It magnetically mounts it and holds it at a slight angle and also adds weight to it. Fits the Zen34 perfectly.

https://byjasco.com/magnetic-remote-stand

3 Likes

@agnes.zooz PLEASE update the Zen34 with the new Zen37 rechargable battery! I really don't need 4 buttons in lots of cases, and the Zen34 meets the need, but the USB-C recharging on the '37 is the Bees Knees!!!!

S.

1 Like

Thanks for your feedback! I checked with our product development team and it looks like this change would require a complete redesign resulting in a substantial price increase. But point taken about rechargeable batteries! We'll try to incorporate them in as many devices as possible going forward :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Can these be used without going full in for the Lutron system? Eventually that may happen, but I would like to consider something like this I could implement now. I'm not opposed to the Zen37 mentioned below, but I've heard so many positive things about the picos.

You can't use Picos in HE without a Caseta Pro bridge, if that's what you're asking? Even if you're going to use a Pico just entirely w/in HE, it still needs to be brought in via telnet from Pro bridge.

1 Like

Thanks. Sound like for the time being anyway, The Zooz controller is the way to go.

**** Deleted, answered my own question. ****

I'd just like to chime in that a rechargeable battery for the ZEN34 is totally unnecessary and would be a waste of money.

I respectfully disagree! Obviously. Lol

S

1 Like