Zooz Zen32 Scene Controller

i have one installed; one sitting in a box; and 2 ordered and supposed to arrive on Saturday. I ordered the last 2 thinking I would get them well before 2.2.6 was released.

NOPE!!!!!!!! :grinning:

When setting Smart Bulb mode, can you explain different use cases for "physical switch disabled" & "physical and z-wave control disabled"?

No idea.. Driver just sets the config on the device.. So it depends on what the device's firmware does with that.. that would be a good question for @agnes.zooz

I am looking to use this on a circuit that has multiple zigbee bulbs so I don't ever want someone to be able to cut power to the bulbs. That would seem to me that I want to disable physical control but I don't see why you would ever want both physical & ZWave control disabled. What is switch good for then? Hopefully @agnes.zooz can set me straight.

1 Like

You want to disable both. If you leave zwave control enabled you could accidentally turn the relay off from the hub and not realize it.

:point_up_2: I'd probably recommend disabling both just for that reason. However, if you ever need to reset any of these bulbs (people tell me some bulbs need a regular reset more than others) and you'd like to do that remotely by power cycling them, you can always change that setting to enable Z-Wave control again, turn the switch off (effectively cutting power to the bulbs), turn it back on (restore power to the bulbs) to complete the reset and change the setting back. Hope that helps!

3 Likes

Ok, that makes sense. Thank you.

I was thinking the exact opposite. I love the look of the different switches!! :slight_smile:

Playing around with the driver in the new release and first thing I have noticed is there is no interface to manage Associations. Is there a recommended path for that? Plans to introduce that functionality?

Thanks. I couldn't get all the buttons and functionality I need if all the switches where the same, it is almost like a command center in the middle of my open floor and mostly important: wife - who is a very techy person - loves it so... it was a win for me :slight_smile:,

I can't set/change the color for the LED in the large button.
Is that expected? Looks like button 1 to 4 are the small ones so I'm assuming button 5 is the big one.

Yes 5 is the big one

I was able to set mine... but I'll re-test to see if something changed..

Just came to my mind that I had my relay disabled phisically and z-wave. I don't know if it matters but I will also retest it with the relay turned on.

1 Like

It might... I did not test every possible combination..

And that is exactly what happens.
When the relay is disabled you can't change the color.

As if when I change the color on button 5 I'm actually changing the "relay color" parameter. If there is no relay... the parameter is ignoreed. Make sense?

See below screenshot. I changed it to blue using setLED command.
The parameter "LED Indicator Color for Relay" also changed to blue.

Since the relay was disabled nothing happened.
As soon as I enabled the relay the light changed to blue.

I hope something can be done here in the future so we can still control the LED regardless of the relay state.

This might be a firmware thing and nothing to do with the HE driver. Might want to let @agnes.zooz know about this behavior.

Yes, I believe this is a limitation in the firmware.

@embrito can you share your settings around the disabled relay? Is it just manual or both manual and z-wave control that are disabled? How is the disabled relay status behavior set - reporting on/off to the hub when the button is pressed or not reporting the on/off status? We're gathering the info on the most common use cases now to adjust the firmware as needed.

I think that in any case (relay active, manual, z-wave only, relay disabled all together) that when sending a color change to the button, it should change to that color, unless I'm missing something (did not get one yet since not available in Canada for now), so I can't comment more than that.

I actually diffeent combinations. These are my findings:

Parameter/Scenario Value/Desc
Smart Bulb Mode Phisical Control Enabled
Reports On/Of when buttonis pressed Yes
Reports button 5 pushed Yes
Reports On/Of from z-wave command Yes
Can change color with setLED Yes
Smart Bulb Mode Phisical Control Disabled
Reports On/Of when button is pressed No
Reports On/Of from z-wave command Yes (toogles relay)
Can change color with setLED No (LED turns green instead)
Smart Bulb Mode Phisical And Z-Wave Control Disabled
Reports On/Of when button is pressed No
Reports On/Of from z-wave command Yes
Can change color with setLED No (LED turns green instead)

I noticed every time I enable one of the two "Smart Bulb Mode" the LED on the large button turns green. It will turn back white if I change other settings and save preferences but any time I send the setLED command it will turn green again regardless of the color I send.

I would expect button 5 to report on/off and be able to set its the LED color regardless of the "Smart Bulb Mode".

I hope this helps.