Zooz ZEN22 and ZEN30 stopped working for no reason

So I just had this happen as well and I did the airgap trick with excellent results. Wife is very happy and I don’t have to replace the original toggle switch (:rofl::rofl:).

What would cause the need to use the air gap at all?

This just saved me a ton of hassle on a Zen22 this evening. It turned on as expected, but then turned itself off about 1 second later. Didn't matter if it was controlled via the paddle, 3-way switch, or digitally through HE. I needed to keep the air gap open longer, though. My first try was about 5 seconds, which did not work. Then I left it open for about 10 minutes while doing other tasks, which seems to have done the trick.

1 Like

Uh oh! Second time that I had to execute this trick in 1 week. Both seem to have been related to physically turning on. It is a rara occurrence. Not good when the wife asks you WTF is going on while she is trying to clean a doggie accident and the light keeps turning off.
Two strikes. Not looking long for this world.

Lutron Caseta because they're tanks and always just work

If I were starting all over again I think that I would just get Caseta dimmers. They cost more but the struggle would be less.

And yet, based on recent posts on the topic, there may be a good possibility that all of our struggles would go away with an external antenna on the HE. I will leave this debate to others.

Lutron Caseta Smart Home Dimmer Switch with Wallplate, Works with Alexa, Apple HomeKit, and the Google Assistant | for LED Light Bulbs, Incandescent Bulbs and Halogen Bulbs | PDW-6WCL-WH-A | White

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SJJBTYY/

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Lutron-Caseta-Smart-Dimmer-Switch-150W-LED-600W-Incandescent-for-Wall-and-Ceiling-Lights-White-PD-6WCL-WH-R/206828225

You can get the combo switch, pico and plate for 69.00 at home depot

I love Lutron, but the Caséta aesthetic and button layout is a non-started for our household.

With great humility, I admit that my issue was seemingly related to rules that I set up for this dimmer. After replacing it, similar symptoms started with the new dimmer. I paused the rule and everything worked as expected. A few tweaks later and all seems good.
All apologies to the Zooz crew. This was entirely my fault.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.