Zooz zen 24 slide switch

Folks, any ideas what the function of the bottom slide switch on the Zen 24? Seems to power the light off. The dimmer function otherwise works well. Cannot find documentation for that element of the dimmer.

You might want to open a ticket with Zooz Support at Home - Zooz. I've always found them to be very responsive. Tagging @agnes.zooz too.

I don't have that switch but your comment that is turns the light off leads me to believe it is the air gap switch. A safetyish feature.

1 Like

@lkazanov The small switch is to remove power from the load so you can safely change out a light bulb. It does not remove power from the switch itself.

1 Like

Just to clarify, the air-gap is only present on Dimmers. Switches do not have an air-gap.

1 Like

Yep, thanks everyone for clarifying, the air gap switch is a safety feature so you can temporarily disable power to the load when changing the light bulb for example. Its function is explained in the user manual on the side with 3-way diagrams.

Thank you all for the replies. I did not see the air gap switch outlined. Great products so far with my experience (only had to replace one due to faulty mechanical toggle).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.