Zooz Z-WAVE Plus Q Sensor - ZSE11

I don't have one of these yet, but from the manual, it looks like you can set motion reports to be totally disabled. Presumably, Hubitat's driver has an option for that. Make sure it's set to an actual sensitivity level, though it shouldn't be disabled by default, so that should also be fine. (Make sure the device is awake when you save preferences or hit "Configure" to be extra-sure it gets it.)

Other than that, if you leave debug logging on, do you see any debug logs come in for the device? Looking at what this device supports (again, still waiting for mine!), I'm guessing you should see a debug log with something about "SensorBinaryReport" for motion--and hopefully without "skip" or "ignore" or something else in there that suggests Hubitat isn't parsing it further. :slight_smile: Just a guess! (Not much you can do if it is, but at least it could narrow down the problem.)

The sensitivity is set at 6 I changed it to 1 and saved it then back to 6
I got this from debug log when I moved in front of the sensor
"skip:SensorBinaryReport(sensorValue:255, sensorType:12)"
Not sure what it means.
I also have a second Q sensor ZSE11 sensor I paired with My C5 hub and I got similar results no Motion reporting

Yeah, that's a problem. :slight_smile: My guess is the driver is looking for a BasicReport or something else that a lot of other sensors might send (including the 4-in-1). I don't see this as a command class for this sensor, so it probably doesn't. This one looks like it sends a SensorBinaryReport, which the driver is ignoring. If you don't see any other reports coming in at the same time (I think the 4-in-1 also gets a NotificationReport for this), then Hubitat likely needs to modify their driver to accommodate the reports the sensor actually sends.

1 Like

Can we get a sensor with a remote probe for inside freezers, safes, tanks. At least temp on the remote probe, other sensors can be in the device.

1 Like

I am having the same issue as cjrad63, where I am getting everything reported except for motion. Did anyone get motion working on this sensor yet? I am on C5 with 2.2.6.140.

I got this a few minutes ago and have it included. I had the same motion problem, so did a hacky modification of the SmartThings driver here: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/krlaframboise/SmartThings/master/devicetypes/zooz/zooz-q-sensor.src/zooz-q-sensor.groovy

I commented out the platemusic11009 capabilities and followed the instructions in this post : App and driver porting to Hubitat

seems to work, although I haven't done more than verify that motion works. Power source shows up DC where it's actually on battery. These seem less noisy on the zwave network than the 4-in-1s which are horrid (constantly report motion) even without security.

@jake9
Did you get this error and if so what was your edit? I did not see anything dealing with this one in your linked thread but at 60 I'm still working on the reading thing :slight_smile:

I did not, here is my line 153:

sendEvent(name: "checkInterval", value: ((60 * 60 * 24) + (60 * 5)), displayed: false, data:[protocol: "zwave", hubHardwareId: device.hub.hardwareID])

I'll throw this on a share so people can use it until I can get a github repo for this

1 Like

Here is a quick link: https://1drv.ms/t/s!Al3CQyGP5qmKnNQhUaBuTjVCtG5JGA?e=yO1Nsu

1 Like

@agnes.zooz

The documentation sheet with the device I received today mentions several parameter settings that are NOT visible in the default "Hubitat" built-in driver.

I see:

Temperature Change Report
Humidity Change Report
Luminance Change Report
Motion Sensitivity

I do NOT see:

Motion Clear Time
Enable/Disable LED Indicator for Motion Alerts
Reporting Frequency for Battery, Temperature, Humidity, and Light Level

This is concerning because I might want to change those parameters.

Also--aside from acting as a "repeater" if it is paired/included while on a USB cord, are there other changes to settings/defaults? I assume that, since it can be a repeater, it will be more responsive (i.e., always listening) for refresh, parameter changes, etc.??

Thanks!

...Rob

1 Like

Can always temporarily switch to the Basic ZWave Tool and set the extra parameters and then change back to the normal driver.

3 Likes

I can confirm the same issue above, pairs OK but no motion and all the config params aren't available, using the driver linked above motion/tamper are working

Config sync wasn't working - I updated the driver with a fix for sendCommands() which has cleared my pending changes. I was only able to get it to sync on battery, not with DC power.

My only real issue at this point is that motion sensing seems to be really slow compared to other sensors I've used. (even just going off of the LED blink, not just the hub response)

Tamper and motion are reversed on my three. At least I know the sensors work!

I'll wait for an update from Hubitat.

1 Like

Same issue re: not detecting motion, was excited to try these out since they claimed to be very fast motion sensors...but I'm not encouraged by the slow blink on the LED.

Has anyone captured logs and contacted Hubitat support about the driver issues?

I suggested someone capture logs above, and it looks like the driver isn't parsing the SensorBinaryReport that this sensor sends for motion (maybe looking for Basic like some others do but I don't think this one does?). I just got mine today and saw the same:

For anyone interested, I wrote a driver for this (started it based on the command classes published before I actually got the device; finished it today after it arrived). I'll post a link soon... (EDIT: here it is: [RELEASE] Zooz Q Sensor (ZSE11) community driver)

3 Likes

Thank you. I just recieved 2 that i ordered today and after getting them in HE i noticed no motion detection so i did a search and BAM found your post. I was just about to send Zooz an email lol

Same here... it does not report motion (pretty good for a also-motion sensor).

They did say we might have to update firmware while in beta. Motion sensing does seem slow, and range seems lacking compared to all my other sensors. But I'll give them a solid chance.

All my other Zooz devices work very well, including the 4-in-1's.