Zooz toggle switch just flashes when turned on

Installed a Zooz toggle switch 2 weeks ago. This morning it turned itself off. Hubitat events says it was done at the switch, but no one has been over to it today. Now, when I turn it on from Hubitat it just flashes on and goes right back off, but shows as on in the app. Any ideas? Thanks

Some more details on the model and what driver you are using would help. There is an option for auto-off that is maybe enabled?

Since Hubitat shows the change as being physical, this means the switch itself turned off. Therefore, I would suspect an issue with the switch. Can you try powering it off (via the air gap if it has one, or otherwise by turning off its breaker) for a minute or so?

well, I excluded and added new.
I turned off the breaker for 2 minutes
I tried the air gap.
Next up, remove it and add a new one.
Version of the switch is Zen 74, version 1.
Driver I went with what ever popped up for the Zooz switch, without security. Thanks

1 Like

This probably wont solve your problem but I would try this driver: [DRIVER] Zooz ZEN Switches Advanced (and Dimmers)

Double check the wiring, it sounds like some sort of electrical problem. Could also be a defective switch. Zooz is good about warranty stuff so open a ticket with them if you think its defective.

How do I change drivers for a switch already done? Thanks

Go to the device screen for that switch. On the right/middle, you will see a selection box. Chose the new driver from this box.

To use the driver described by @jtp10181, you will need to install it - Installation instruction are in the first post of the link.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.