Zooz - suggestion for new devices

I recently purchased a ZEN30 and installed it. Love the device. Love the firmware. The only downside is that it can't control the fan speed. The lower relay is just on/off.

@agnes.zooz, I'd like to suggest 2 more products. :smiley: I manage several smart homes, and I would buy half a dozen of each of these on release day. I wish I could suggest just 1 perfect product, but fans are such a hard area, because it depends on both your house wiring, and the fan's internal electronics.

Product 1: ZEN30.1 This would be just like the current ZEN30. But the bottom relay button would be replaced with a small paddle, and it would have a real fan controller built-in, allowing control of fan speeds. Just like the ZEN30, it would require you to have 2 load wires in your wall. One for the lights, one for the fan. I would buy 6 of these if they existed.

Product 2: ZEN30.2. Externally it would look just like the ZEN30.1. Two paddles. Allow for both dimming of the fan lights, and controlling the fan speed. But it would work with only a single load wire going up to the fan. This might require a companion module to be installed in the fan housing. Or maybe you could make your box learn the RF commands of existing remote units. You could choose an existing inexpensive fan remote module that anyone can buy on Amazon, pre-program your box to send RF commands to it, and recommend it as the preferred remote module to use. I would buy 7 of these if they existed.

Cheers and thank you!

1 Like

Have you looked at the Inovelli product?

Seems like it's your 2nd suggestion.

2 Likes

Yes I have, but I like that Zooz's product are inconspicuous. They match standard Decora paddles better than the Inovellis.

2 Likes