Zooz Motion Dimmer

I have several of the Jasco Motion Dimmer and Motion Switch devices. They're fantastic for getting a motion sensor and a Z-Wave dimmer in one spot. It's also really nice because a motion sensor at switch height with a horizontal plane of detection neatly ignores the cats (unless they're on the back of the couch, in one particular case) while still picking up any human big enough to be wandering the house solo.

However, they're missing a few features that are pretty much a given in any current-gen smart switch -- Smart Bulb mode, reporting button presses, etc. I've thought about replacing them, but that means getting separate motion sensors, finding good locations for them.... Too much of a headache.

In the little flyer with my latest order, I saw that Zooz has new Motion Dimmer combo devices marked as Coming Soon! I don't know when I've last been this excited about a product I can't order yet.

@agnes.zooz, if you're looking for beta testers.... :wink:

3 Likes

Thank you for offering, the wait list for this device is LOOOONG and we're trying to get it released as quickly as possible. It's been one of the most challenging products because of so many moving parts but we're confident it's the last stretch and will be in touch if we have any samples available to share :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@agnes.zooz :Any update on this device, on either availability or functionality or both?

Is the device still intended to have a lux sensor in addition to the motion sensor?
Will it have an indicator and/or night light?
Will it work in a 3 or 4 way set up?

1 Like

While I'm definitely looking forward to the Zooz one still, you might also be interested in the IndieGoGo campaign for an Innoveli switch with integrated mmWave.

We're still in development here and hope to have it out by the fall. The device will definitely have a lux sensor and LED indicator. It will also support our patented 3-way/4-way solution used in other models like the ZEN76 or ZEN77.

3 Likes