Zooz Dimmer ramp/dimming speed issue

Good morning all. I have a few Zooz dimmers (3 or 4 maybe). I installed these for two reasons, they work with standard switches in 3 and 4 way applications and have an adjustable ramp/dimming rate. These were working fine for months, now one of these devices is no longer working properly. When physically turned off it turns off over 2-3 secs. (as it should). When turned off via HE it is immediate, no ramp.
Has something changed or does the device need to go?
I've tried changing ramp rate, configure, saving preferences, saving device, reset. reinstalled, removed from HE z-wave and re-added, ran through every Zooz dimmer driver in HE, even trying the user created, and generic z-wave dimmer. Some of these didn't work at all. None of them corrected the issue.
When I noticed and began looking into this it was using the Central Scene Dimmer driver and what it's back on now. Even though it doesn't work right, at least it does come on.
Thank you for your thoughts.

Need to know the switch model, firmware, and also have you tried my custom driver?
I tested some of these ramp rate situations at one point and Zooz fixed many of them with firmware updates. I am not sure why it would go from working to not working though. If it just one that stopped working I would open a ticket with Zooz, if it is under warranty and they feel it is defective they may replace it.

Thanks! I believe it's a Z27. I've got four of those. If not it's a Z72. Yes. I know. I should know. Especially since "monkeying" with it, you'd think I would have had the sense to note that when I had it in my hand. :person_facepalming:
It is in a single setup, I mean not 3-4 way. I think I may have tried your driver. Simply because as I read through other posts about Zooz, I've seen mention of some you guys working on this. Within HPM I looked and downloaded 3 or 4 user defined drivers. I tried whichever I thought was most specific and when that didn't work, I "shotgunned" and tried everything I could find hoping something would do the trick.
Don't let this be a reflection on your driver. I'm sure it's either user error or the device is telling me she doesn't want to play anymore.
This is in our media/movie room and the reason I wanted a slower than usual dim/ramp rate.

If you get me the exact model and firmware version I can think about what it might be. I have a bunch of ZEN27 in my house which is one that I think Zooz fixed issues with the ramp rates in a newer firmware. I worked directly with Zooz to fix some of these issues based on user reports on here. Also sometimes we find new parameter combinations that cause issues where it otherwise works fine.

When you are controlling the device via the hub is this with a rule or on the device page? One of the firmware updates fixed an issue where the zwave setLevel would not honor the ramp rate passed to it, the device always used the one set in the parameters. Users wanted to have a custom rate in rules. So possibly with that change you need to adjust your rule to send the desired ramp rate. I think my driver if you leave the ramp rate blank it will default to the parameter setting but I cannot speak for other drivers they may default to 0.

If you don't mind switching it to my driver it will be easier to troubleshoot also, since I know that code and also it exposes all the parameters and properly formatted firmware version.

If you're really unsure, Zooz had the foresight to stamp the model name on the front of the dimmer, so you only have to remove the faceplate to double check.

Thanks so much. When I get home this evening, I'll look at the model number, download and use your driver. I suppose I'll know it's your because it will say created by jtp10181 ?
Up to now, I really like these and they have been my "go to" for 3-way and slow ramp configurations.

The physical switch ramps down appropriately. Using Alexa or the device page results in instant on/off. I'll check what it does via a rule.
I'll include screen shots...

nice touch

Thank you for your help.

I try not to shamelessly plug my drivers but here is a link, or if its already installed it will be "Zooz ZEN Dimmer Advanced" namespace "jtp10181"

I just set the ramp rate on a ZEN27 FW v3.04 to 6 seconds and tested Alexa and Homebridge, both cases the ramp rate was honored.

1 Like

It is a Z27 Ver 3.0

Plug away. I will help you. jtp10181, you are my new best friend. You saved my beloved ZooZ dimmer. I had taken a whole array of screenshots showing what the settings were. Then using HPM, downloaded your driver and switch to it in the device menu. Saved preferences and saved device.
It works perfectly. THANK YOU!

D4E91A12-62AA-41C4-8635-FC9FC7E351D0_4_5005_c

Great, guessing it was some sort of parameter setting that got set wrong. You might want to get all the settings how you want and then press Save, then after it syncs do a CONFIGURE on my driver which will force all the settings to sync up with the switch. It should have done this when you hit save the first time but configure forces everything to sync up.