Zooz contact sensor will not reverse switch indication

Hello hive!
I'm beating my head against the wall here, I have a garage door with a locking bolt actuator. I installed a 3rd reality door contact sensor on it, but because of the size and orientation it was getting wonky signals due to the fact that the magnet passing over it axially caused an open and a closing of the contact. It had been working great for a long time but whatever...

I swapped it out wit a more compact Zooz ZEN41 sensor, which allows for a radial placement to the reed switch - it works GREAT... however the action is reversed. When the door closes - and locks, the magnet is pulled away from the sensor and when it is open/unlocked, it moves against it.

No problem, I said, in the device page there is a toggle to "reverse OPEN/CLOSE Indication" so I reversed it... no joy! No matter which way I toggle this setting, it changes nothing.

In notifications I can set the appropriate contact state to give the proper notification, but the dashboards and any other sources all show "open" when the magnet is removed and "closed" when moved in. Regardless of the reverse attribute setting.

I tried updating the firmware on the device as it is currently on 1.30 and Zooz has 1.40. I downloaded it, unzipped it, put it in the file manager and tried to do the update, but it keeps showing "Device did not respond to firmware metadata request".

I. Am. Stuck!