Zigbee wind speed sensors

Anyone had any experience? I’d like a warning alert if wind speed is greater than X and certain outdoor shades are still down...

Could you use APIXU? I think there might be a wind speed attribute in there: Apixu.com worldwide weather data with outside lux. No PWS or server setup

1 Like

What did you end up using for this? I have the same need now :slight_smile:

Could always get a weather station and use weewx integration. Not the cheapest solution, but a lot more fun. :slight_smile:

I picked up a weatherflow system, and have been having a lot of fun with it.

1 Like

Yep. Agree that’s the way to go. Acurite 5in1 with the USB connection I believe can be integrated directly to Weewx by connecting the console to the USB of a RPi.

I have Ambient weather and while the Weewx integration isn’t too difficult, it does require an extra router flashed with DD-WRT to get the data from their Ovserver IP bridge to Weewx.

However, there is now an Ambient Weather community driver that will pull directly from your Ambient Weather account to HE. Not as detailed as the Weeex data, but easy to setup. You just have to request a free API key from Ambient Weather.

For wind speed warnings in HE, I use @Cobra ‘s Weather Switch. The Ambient Weather UI can also email warnings to you for anything that your weather station can read.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.