Zigbee Water Valve Controller Issue

Just a quick reply - here we have the same issue with the Aqara T1 Cube Pro as with Making Osram mini switch pair and work - #8 by alexdelprete
The OSRAM mini switch initialisation is handled perfectly by HE inbuilt driver.

The second problem is that some Tuya devices by default enable the Zigbee Group 0000, which is normally used for controlling lights (not valves!)

1 Like

@mike.maxwell do you have any hints on how to disable Zigbee actuators to accept OnOff cluster broadcasts?

This is what Aqara T1 Cube Pro (0xC8AC) broadcasts to the Zigbee network when shaken...

To clarify, the question is not why the Aqara T1 Cube Pro is sending this OnOff cluster command broadcast, but whether there is a way to 'immunize' other Zigbee devices from accepting this broadcast command.

1 Like

not that I'm aware of...

3 Likes

Yeah, this sounds like what happened with the Inovelli Blue when it first released for me and many other users... The Blue was turning on/off all sorts of other unrelated zigbee devices. Inovelli fixed that glitch via firmware, so my guess this is on Aqara to fix for the cube.

3 Likes

@Bruce123 a custom driver for the new Aqara Cube T1 Pro is now available for testing. Works on C-7 and C-5 hubs for now.

1 Like

Thank you for your great work. Unfortunately, I'm currently using the C-8 hub. However, I will still try to see if I can get it to pair with the C-8 hub again.

@kkossev

An update on testing the T1 Cube Pro on the C-8 with the new driver.

I was able to pair the cube to the C-8 hub but I needed to be very close to it in order for the pairing to work.

I managed to create an RM to test out my family room light using Shake to toggle on/off and Rotate Left to dim down and Rotate Right to brighten up. I'm happy to say that it worked flawlessly.

I will continue to test the rest of the actions.

Thank you so much for your great work.

1 Like

I've added button events simulation - it is much easier to use HE Button Controller.
Thank you for the update on the C-8 paring!

1 Like