Zigbee Touchlink, Zigbee Binding, and Hubitat

So I am out of my wheelhouse here. I have a RGBGenie Zigbee color/scene touch panel, and there isn't currently a Hubitat driver for it.

So I was reading the manual and it mentions 3 methods of connecting this device. Touchlink, Binding, and the more usual (to me anyway) hub pairing methods.

As I understand it, Touchlink pairs the remote direct to a device, and the device can work without having a hub. But can you Touchlink AND pair with Hubitat in any form? Like Touchlink the Remote to the RGB controller, and the RGB controller is paired with Hubitat?

And where does Binding come in to that? Same question, can I bind AND pair with Hubitat somehow?

Manual here for reference. https://rgbgenie.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/ZB-3009-user-manual.pdf

I'm pretty sure @mike.maxwell said no a while back when this came up, possibly with regards to the Lightify 4-button switches that also support touchlink. I'm assuming you are talking about the $80 powered touch panels, which I was thinking about purchasing myself, but they seem like they would be cumbersome. I thought they were supported :disappointed: BTW, you can use the Zigbee - Generic Device Toolbox driver to wipe out device configuration and preferences. At least that is what it seems to do, without resetting the device. I used it to clean up the device page after I decided to change back to the Generic Zigbee RGBW drivers from the Advanced drivers.

1 Like

Yep.

Seems like they all are supported, except the one I purchased. Of course I had to pick that particular one!

There probably will be a driver at some point, but I have had it for months now, and I am getting impatient. So I was exploring other means of getting it to work.

1 Like

Darn it! I'm just waiting for someone to say "it has changed my life", or "what a waste of $80" before I buy one. Are the battery-operated ones that look like a small version of it supported? I'm also wondering about how well it behaves on the mesh, since the LED strip controller says that it repeats for 200 devices??

Want to send you a PM but your profile is hidden. Message me, and I think I can reply back to you.