Zigbee Switch Stopped Responding Two Days Ago

Hi,

My zigbee sonoff ZBMINIL switch appears to no longer be on the zigbee network. I want to avoid tearing into the electrical box to reset it and pair it again if there is a function located in the hub that can be used to get it back up and running.
I've tried things like the rebuild network, reboot radio, increase power level. None of them helped.
The other zbminiL seems to be just fine.
Any suggestion will be much appreciated.

I am certainly not the expert here.
But.. whenever I have a device that stops communicating... I just go and start the discovery process again. The device will rejoin in the same "slot" as it was assigned before.. and starts working again.

I don't know why or how... I just know it usually works for me.

So, go to Devices -> Add Device -> Zigbee -> Start Zigbee pairing.
The device should be re-discovered.

1 Like

I have experienced this as well. Removing the power from the ZBMINI-L does not correct the issue. The only way I could get it discovered again was by removing the switch, fishing out the ZBMINI-L and pressing the pairing button.
Donā€™t do what I did. I pressed the button too many times and changed the switch mode to. momentary. Didnā€™t find this out until after everything was back together.

2 Likes

Lmao... ouch!!
That moment when you realized it... ds#&FD sh$#d!!... lol.

1 Like

thanks for the help. Opened it up and reset it, removed it from network and it paired right up.
Aren't they supposed to survive a power outage without having to pair them again?

Yes.

But not all zigbee devices are made equally. I lost power in my house once for almost 2 weeks in 2021, and my zigbee devices all joined automatically within a day or so of power being restored.

1 Like

ā€˜supposedā€™ and ā€˜guaranteedā€™ are not the same. It is a pain to reset one of my minis. I have to remove the cover plate, remove a Zooz momentary Decora switch, fish the mini out and flip it around (the only way it would fit is with the pairing button facing inward) then pair it. We have very few power outages, and fortunately not all of them have required reintroducing the mini to HE.