Zigbee SONOFF Weak Signal

Hi. I have recently installing some new Zigbee 3.0 SONOFF devices across my house. My house is 2500 Sq yards area with Ground + 1 Floor.

I noticed that Sonoff Zigbee 3.0 devices which are away from the Hub have week signal. To fix this I place Zigbee Sonoff Mini in between Hub and Zigbee Contact Sensor but this also did not work.

I am not sure if this will work with Hubitate Hub to extend Zigbee Signals.

Please advise how to fix this problem so that I have strong zigbee signal across house.

Did you add the repeater to hubitat and what driver is the repeater using?

Hi, I added Sonoff Zigbee Mini which is connected to my water dispenser.

Work As A Signal Transfer Station

ZBMINI can be a Zigbee router to transmit the signal among devices.

It is using [Zigbee - Sonoff Button] 2020 Markus Liljergren (https://oh-lalabs.com)

1 Like

Once you add the repeater to the hub, as @rlithgow1 suggested, you could try a shutdown of the hub, remove power from the wall for 15 minutes, then powerup. The devices should start using the new sonoff repeater. I have several of these tiny repeaters, they tend to be a little weak due to tiny antenna, however they do seem to help. Paid 12 USD about 9 months ago.
Post your child & route info from this URL:
http://hub.ip.addr.here/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo

These are tricky to pair unless you read chinese. I think you need to plug these in and unplug 5 times in a row to start the pairing process, since there aren't any buttons on the device to press

Omair,

I bought a number of those Sonoff motion sensors, What I noticed, and havent determined the root issue, is that the device works perfectly for a few days then drops off (as in disconnects from the zigbee network).. I tried all the obvious things, like placement location and moving it beside a repeater but the behaviour was consistent. it dropped and had to be reset to start..

My only (unfounded) explanation is that perhaps theres an issue with it "sleeping" and the device handler for Hubitat.

I have since chucked them out and replaced with ThirdReality devices - which use generic zigbee device handlers and , thus far, have worked perfectly.. They are also cheaper and use AAA batteries!!

Any Special way to add Sonoff devices as repeater.

How to add repeater ? I have Sonoff Zigbee Switches which according to Sonoff act as repeater ?

Parent child parameters
EzspGetParentChildParametersResponse [childCount=1, parentEui64=0000000000000000, parentNodeId=65538]

Child Data
child:[Study Inner Door, 2EAD, type:EMBER_SLEEPY_END_DEVICE]

Neighbor Table Entry
[Water Dispenser, 2657], LQI:255, age:3, inCost:1, outCost:1
[Sonoff Outlet, F7EB], LQI:251, age:3, inCost:3, outCost:3

Route Table Entry