Zigbee repeaters?

Does it matter if the repeater is in the "on" or "off" state? does it use the same amount of power in both states? what is a low ram repeater? which would be a high ram repeater?

Thank you! :slight_smile:

Assuming you're referring to a plug-in smart outlet, no it does not matter what the state of the 'switch' is. The repeater is always on.

It should use about the same amount of power whether the smart outlet is on or off, assuming there is nothing plugged into it, of course. There are so many smart outlets on the market, it is hard to say without know the specific model number...and even then you'd probably need to measure the outlet's power usage with something like a Kill-A-Watt device.

2 Likes

Iโ€™ve never heard of these terms, though Iโ€™m hardly any kind of zigbee expert.

However, my zigbee repeating devices all seem to work fine. So itโ€™s not a spec that seems to matter much to me? :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Here is the best explanation I've seen of that on the forums, or basically, the takeaway is that only the hub will be a "high RAM concentrator," assuming that's what you are referring to:

1 Like

thanks you guys answered all my questions. I had one more important question but i cant remember it right now.. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have a few high ram repeaters, ie: XBee modules. They route many devices, like 28 or something

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.