Zigbee remote control with EU availability

Hi,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a zigbee remote control with multiple buttons?
Something similar to the ikea 5 button remote?

It should be available in either the EU or from China and ideally the buttons have different icons rather than just numbered 1 to 5 it something like that

I've seen the aqara opple 6 button device but it's not really designed to be handheld and it means that the person using it needs to remember what the various buttons do. (I have double and triple tap functions associated with some buttons, but unless I use them regularly, I'm like what does a triple tap do again?)

Something similar to a tv remote or the ikea 5 button remote I think would do the job.

In terms of the functionality I'd like to control with it would be controlling the volume on my surround sound, controlling the lights, and turning on and off my media center.

On the media side I'll eventually use a Broadlink remote that is currently in the post. At the moment I'm using virtual switches that trigger a POST request to a custom device I built.

I think this is probably too much information, so to summarize I'm looking for a handheld zigbee remote control available in the EU that has buttons which will be easy to interpret as power on, Volume control, and dimmer light controls

Thanks very much

My favorite for multi button remotes is now the Philips Hue Dimmer Switch.

Compact, light and reliable. Four buttons with eight functions.
Button 1. Press
Button 2. Press, hold and release
Button 3. Press, hold and release
Button 4. Press

Can replace wall switches with its mounting plate, or can be used as a portable remote.

Have a bunch of them and never had an issue. Cannot say about the battery life since I have never changed one (two years the oldest).

(They have a led to report but I do not know what is the coding of the messages.)

Cheap (17€) and readily available in EU.

For controlling lights it definitely looks like a great option. Do you have them paired directly to HE or a different hub?

I'd need at least 1 more button to implement both volume control, brightness control and power control.
I could get 2 of them but that's a bit messy

Yes, mine are directly linked to HE.

You could use the center buttons to control volume, and with Rule Machine you could use the other buttons to toggle power, and move you through different preset brightness levels.

I managed to get the Ikea 5 button working today via my ST hub and the HE integration app, so it sort of makes my life easier short term, but longer term I would like to get a natively supported remote as there's currently way too many things that could break in between the ST hub and the HE hub.

I'll wait a bit longer before pulling the trigger on buying a Hue remote as I hope that maybe there are other options out there, but thanks very much @BiGs for the information, at that price I'll probably Hue the Hue remote and use it at least for controlling lights

Good!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.