Zigbee Question re: Lutron Aurora Dimmers

I have a handful of the Lutron Aurora dimmers (Z3-!BRL). For smartbulbs, they are a great little in-wall remote that I've found simple and reliable. Until now.

I decided to move my smartbulbs (and the remotes that control them) over to a second hub for reasons that are beyond the scope of this post. When I factory reset the Auroras and then added them to hub #2, they paired without a problem, but do not respond to any direct physical input to the device, not ON/OFF and not change in dimmer level. Weird.

The logs say, "Command off is not implemented on [devicename]". Same for On.

Then repeated: "skipped descMap:[raw:catchall: 0000 0013 00 00 0040 00 2049 00 00 0000 00 00 814920E96EFEE70F00FFFF80, profileId:0000, clusterId:0013, clusterInt:19, sourceEndpoint:00, destinationEndpoint:00, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:2049, isClusterSpecific:false, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:00, direction:00, data:[81, 49, 20, E9, 6E, FE, E7, 0F, 00, FF, FF, 80]]" I don't know what to take away from either message.

I have already tried the following without success:

• replaced batteries
  • made sure zigbee mesh on new hub is solid
  • changed zigbee channel to make sure there's no interference with wifi
  • removed, factory reset, and re-paired.

I have repeated the above pattern for 5 copies of the Aurora dimmer. I'm stumped. Any ideas?

EDIT: I just tried them on hub #1, and they work fine. But when I add to hub #2, I get the above problems. Both C7's, both on the latest hub version.

How close are you to the hub. Sounds like a partial pairing from what i have read about them. I have read you need to be within a few feet for them to pair completely. I had one for a short period of time. Ended up returning it simply because i couldn't get it to work reliably.

I am just a couple feet away -- right next to it -- and I have these problems.

When I try to pair with hub #1 (two room's distance), I have no problem. Weird.

Does hub1 use a different zigbee channel than hub 2? I think it needs to so the hubs don't get confused about who owns which device. You mention checking wifi but that's a different issue.

1 Like

Great question. Yes, they are on different channels.

It's not something you would want to do lightly but you could turn off hub1, then factory reset the device and join to hub2. I'm out of ideas.