Zigbee problems on C5 hub

just had zigbee radio drop off again 3rd or 4th time. reboot brings it back up. time to replace? this is a C5 hub.

1 Like

Mine has done that a couple of times since the latest update
Platform Version 2.3.4.115. I too have a C5 hub.
And it is starting to piss me off. Hubitat had been stable for years. Now something odd is happening.

Aside from @bill.whitaker post, there have been no recent incidents reported on C5 hubs. If you think the update is causing the problem, you can always revert the update to a previous version from the Diagnostic Tool to see if the problem goes away. Then we would know something in the latest release may negatively impact your hub.

3 Likes

Bobby D., if it happens again, I will do that after screenshots of everything. I recall going in and seeing that the Zigbee radio had changed to Channel 11 from Channel 20 when it was offline. I am going to keep a close eye on it.

1 Like

as with most things of this nature, as soon as you complain about it the problem doesn't reoccur :slight_smile:
Been good since I complained. hopefully it was a 1 off. Just did latest update

1 Like

Well, today I was adding a couple of Zigbee plugin outlets, and was not getting Hubitat to find them. I went into Zigbee details and low and behold, my Channel was at 11, I use 20. I did a safe shut down and then powered back up and went in and I was back at Channel 20. Both Zigbee devices installed perfectly. Hubitat is becoming a bit persnickety. The sudden Channel changes are not what is expected.

It’s just saying channel 11 because the Zigbee network is offline or crashed as evidenced by no PAN ID. The channel hasn’t changed.

3 Likes

It is possible that your Zigbee radio is going bad, or that you have some stranded devices that are bringing down your radio. Absence of a Pan ID is indicative of Zigbee radio being offline. :frowning:

3 Likes

I hope the radio is not going bad. I dread redoing everything on the spare HE that I bought a while back.

My vote would be a device going bad, or multiple devices with energy reporting enabled; something that is really overwhelming the bandwidth of the radio. Maybe bring up the Zigbee logging under Zigbee Details and watch it for a bit. Also check your http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx/hub/zigbee/getChildAndRouteInfo for null devices.
I once had a peanut plug that sent 76,000 events in a few hours. That immediately went in the trash.

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight. I will keep an eye on Zigbee logging.

2 Likes

Seems like a bit of activity constantly happening.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.