Zigbee pairing issues

Are you on the latest FW? There was a fix for Hue motion sensors not being configured when added. I was using a custom driver due to this, but now use the stock deiver.

Yes - 1.1.3.116.

1 Like

Ah sorry yours is now working @mtcoombes ? I should have replied to @janwerner
But you've done exactly what I did to get these working.

Yes, after switching between the custom DH and then back to the built-in DH, all seems working. Maybe there’s a bug in the configure() method in the built-in?

That may be given your expierence, and certainty something I can have a look at.

@mike.maxwell I believe this was already resolved in 1.1.2:

Bug Fixes

• Fixed Hue motion refresh and config errors.
    Listed here

I only have the one which is connected and working fine,. I haven't had to pair any though.

1 Like

Or not, given what I’m seeing with the stock DH.

@mike.maxwell While you’re looking at the configure() method, any chance you could look at adding the ability to configure two additional parameters?

First, whether the red light comes on with motion or not (would be nice to be able to disable it).

Second, the time period before the sensor reports no motion (which, if I’m reading the ZCL right, is found in cluster 0x0406, attribute set 0x001, attribute 0x0010 - “PIROccupiedToUnoccupiedDelay” - which is a uint16 and the unit is seconds).

Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for your hint. My hue motion sensor #5 that refused to become "ACTIVE" is working after switching to the custom device driver temporarily. Switched back to the stock driver and it's still all good.

Kind of strange that #1-4 worked out of the box and this one didn't ...

1 Like

I don't know what parameter this is, I'd have to pair it to the Hue bridge and sniff away at it, in any event mine is being cantankerous ATM and refuses to pair and I just don't have the time right now to poke at it...

@mike.maxwell I’ll take a look tonight and see if I can figure the parameter for the red light out.

@mike.maxwell - after a bit of sniffing I think that the parameter for config.ledindication on the hue bridge is in cluster 0x0000, and it's attribute 0x0033 (not part of the ZCL spec, appears to be manufacturer specific). Hope this helps!

1 Like

I've kind of warmed to the light, it lets me know its seen me, and if the lights don't trigger, there's a problem Houston :slight_smile:

I am having this exact same issue but when I try to use that custom DH I get
"unable to resolve class physicalgraph.device.HubAction @ line 57, column 28."

Change “physicalgraph” to “hubitat”.

@mike.maxwell I've been playing around writing a custom DH for the Hue motion sensor and I've been looking at the example ZigBee code in the GitHub repo. Can you tell me what the syntax is for the "he rattr" "he cr" "zdo bind" commands? And to write an attribute ("he wattr"??).

I too, am unable to get anything more than Philips Hue Motion sensor connected. Temp, motion does not work. Will try workaround in this thread.

I've just added 2 Hue Motion Sensors and had the exact same issue. Paired fine and identified as Hue Motion Sensor, but no data at all was being received. I switched to the custom DTH here and they then started sending data OK. Switched back to standard driver and continues to work OK.

@mike.maxwell Looks like there is still an issue with the standard driver for the Hue Sensors. I'm running 2.0.4.116

Yes, there will be an update to this driver in 2.0.5 which will resolve the configuration issues.

5 Likes

I just received my Hubitat hub today and I've been busy adding devices to it. I have just tried one Hue Motion Sensor so far but I'm getting the same Unkown status as the others in this thread.

When will version 2.0.5 be released?
If it's very soon I won't bother with adding the custom driver but I'll wait for 2.0.5 instead to resolve the issue.