Zigbee outlet

Hi,

I have a few of these zigbee outlets:

I use them with "Generic Zigbee Outlet" driver. Power on/off works fine , however I can not see any value for current or power on the device.
Is there a better driver which would work with these ?

Also, can I use these as a way of detecting electric outage if I use them on the main line without any ups ?

Does it have a Power Source capability? (that can send mains, battery events?) If so, then yes.

I use that driver on my 2 innr receptacles, and I don't see that capability. However, I do see it (and use it in power fail detect) on my (Z-Wave) Ring Alarm Extender Gen 2 devices.

well, I am not sure but the listing says "with Energy Monitoring"
so I assume it should send some data about power usage.
how can I be sure ?
also any other drivers to test ?

When you paired the device, was a Driver automatically assigned? Or did you have to choose the driver you're currently using? If the latter, please click CONFIGURE on the device details page, as that will set up the status update reporting from the outlet to the hub. This may help get that power/energy data flowing, if the device following the Zigbee HA standards.

1 Like

"generic zigbee outlet" driver was automatically assigned.
I also clicked configure and nothing changed.

I have the same issue with my SmartThings Outlets.
In that, they don't report when first added.
I set "Enable automatic power reporting" to 1 watt and that seems to kick them into life. But some of them work without it.

doesn't work for me.
maybe the device does not support it.
but the listing says it has energy monitoring. So probably it requires another driver...

I have the same (or similar) device, model: TS0121, * manufacturer: _TZ3000_g5xawfcq.
The power, voltage, amperage, and energy reporting have a bit strange behavior, even when paired to Tuya Zigbee hub... When my time permits I will look deeper into it.

1 Like

ok , if you find something, can you post here ?
I tried at least 4 different drivers but none of them were successful at showing power.
so I gave up and started thinking it was a false listing on Aliexpress.

Are you sure that you have the same model and that it reports power (at least sometimes) ?

Yes, I will write to you here when I have it working.
The same device is reporting the measurements in other home automation platforms, so I believe it is just a matter of proper configuration by a driver here in HE.

maybe the device needs a command to start reporting power.
is there any feature like that in zigbee protocol ?

Yes, but the problem is that Tuya often do not follow the Zigbee standards - otherwise, the standard HE built-in drivers would work out of the box with their devices.

that's too bad. Then maybe we'll never get that feature on Hubitat...

I am already experimenting with it, but it will take time.

Good news - the power, energy, voltage and amperage can be read from this outlet.
Bad news - there is no automatic reporting (based on the power/current change), so this device needs to be polled by the driver periodically.

@ilkeraktuna can you post your device 'Data' details?
Manually change the to the built-in 'Device' driver type, then press 'Get Info' button, refresh the device page (F5) and then copy and paste the Data section. Mine looks like this:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 41
  • softwareBuild:
  • inClusters: 0000,0004,0005,0006,0702,0B04
  • outClusters: 0019,000A
  • model: TS0121
  • powerCluster: 0B04
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_g5xawfcq

Is your device the same?

seems like my device is same:

• softwareBuild: 00000041
  • firmwareMT: 1002-1602-00000041
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_rdtixbnu

I already use the built-in device (Generic Zigbee Outlet)
But I don't see any Get Info button on device page on Hubitat.
If you mean "refresh" , I already tried that , but power shows 0.0

edit:
when I check while the connected coffee machine is running, I get power: 151
but following is still 0

• powerValue : 0.0
  • energyValue : 0.0
  • voltage : 0.0

what is the "power" unit on that 151 ?

actually the "power" number only refreh when I click "save preferences" button.
I still can'T see "get info" button. where is it ?

also, can we use this device as a presence sensor to detect if electricity is running ?

There is actually a device driver named Device, it should have the Get Info button once you change to it and save.

1 Like

OK. That "get info" button does not change the "data" section of the device.
I was already able to see the data section with "generic zigbee outlet" driver.

• softwareBuild:
  • firmwareMT: 1002-1602-00000041
  • manufacturer: _TZ3000_rdtixbnu
1 Like

@ilkeraktuna can you try the first version of the experimental driver from this link

Make sure you press the "Save Preferences" button once and then press 'Configure' button.
Currently, the polling interval is hardcoded to 60 seconds, I will make it configurable in the next version.

Please let me know if this driver works for you ( the manufacturer of your outlet is different than mine).

1 Like

Could be possible, if a 'PresenceSensor'' capability is added. The logic could be: if 2 (or 3) consecutive poll commands returned no data from the device, consider it offline, i.e. not present, because most probably the mains power is off (power outage).

I suppose 2-3 minutes maximum delay for reporting a power outage could be OK?

1 Like