Zigbee Outlet Reporting Status every 5 min

I have a zigbee outlet that is using the generic zigbee outlet driver that is reporting it's status every 5 minutes. This is obviously cluttering up my log but are there any other issues with this? Is there any way to fix it?

Try hitting configure, if that doesn't fix it, remove, factory reset, and rejoin it.

Thanks! I'll give this a try in the morning as the outlet is connected to a lamp that is in my 5 year old's room where she's sleeping currently!

Well hitting configure didn't fix it. I'll try factory resetting it and rejoining it this evening when I have time to reinsert it into all the apps and automations.

There's no need to reinsert the device into automations. Don't delete the device in the web UI, just factory reset and then rediscover. HE will recognize the device and it will join under it's old ID.

Also: which physical device is it? Make/model?

1 Like

What!? So do you mean to not remove or exclude the device first. Just factory reset it and then include it again and it will be like nothing happened. This is game changing for me if that's the case!

If it's a Zigbee device, yes.

It is a zigbee device yes. I imagine I have to name it identically to how it was named before?

Also does this work for z-wave devices?

It will automatically join under the old name.

Zwave....pretty sure that those should be excluded. I don't know if you can take the same shortcut with those.

you can't...

it doesn't...

Good to know!

Well I can't find how to factory reset this device. The instructions don't say. It's this device from Amazon Canada. It's a really affordable device at $13CAD and it works really well as a repeater for my Hampton Bay Wink Fan Controller.

@mike.maxwell will the device reporting it's status every 5 min be a problem for the hub? What if I add 2 more of them? I already ordered them before I noticed the device was reporting it's status every 5 minutes.

That won't hurt anything

Awesome! If I turn off text logging for that device, will it at least not clutter up the log?

I turn that off for devices when I'm done deploying the automation.

1 Like

You don't happen to have a amazon link to this device? Or one that is similar?

Thanks.

This was it but see it's currently unavailable.

https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07QPTY13X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_rOIPFbDXXBEJA?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1