Zigbee Offline (tenancious)

Roger that.
Thanks. Given the info... I'll remove cells from some of the more... cheaper items...
And see. I didn't think a device could bring down the network. Kinda worrying from a DOS attack.

If a device suddenly starts broadcasting spurious data onto the network is is possible to โ€˜drown outโ€™ or corrupt genuine traffic

1 Like

Curious. Thanks for the info - I have an idea. I have seen this in the old days when devices got short of battery.... but to think it could be an attack vector is worrying me.
Anyhoo I think it could be a few cheap motion sensors in my sheds... I'll report back.

I'd love to know the mechanics on why the hub would turn OFF the zigbee network, however. This is the crux of why my Away mode is being activated. when we are here.

If indeed, it's as simple as a rogue device....that all of my window and door sensors offline.

The reason I noticed it was because offline activates my arlo and synology cameras.... which is nice but doors opening is a better indication of intruders.

Me too, again tonight a zigbee foul up. HSM disarmed via keypad, sirens till sounded, hitting cancel alerts in HSM app did nothing, for about 2 minutes, even activating switches to cancel alerts(via RM) didn't stop the sirens from blaring. come home a few hours later and lights very slow to respond to motion, then hub says zigbee network offline. no errors in logs, only a warn around a encryption:false for keypad.
Whatever it is, the zigbee on this hub is not reliable. I hope it gets addressed soon, as it's been over a year, and many users, even without 3rd party apps/drivers have experienced this. I hope the team is focused on this issue
I've been rebooting nightly and that has helped somewhat but should not be necessary.

There is not an issue with zigbee, the network offline is when the hub has other issues, like when it get slow. HE admitted they are investigating a memory leak, I think that was the term.

How would we catch this? Is there a rule that I can write to inform me that this has occured, for it happened to me just now, again.

I believe the only method is the auto reboot daily until the problem is fixed.

It's getting worse again. 12 hours, i'd say.

Crazy shit happening after about 12 hours.

Is a new hub an option here in the UK ?

My main hub, a C4 has just started this behavior as well. Happened this early morning - my morning NR sequences like watering and turning off exterior lights ran but HE did not respond. My exterior lights/switches are all Z-Wave+ so along with the HE Zigbee network the Maker API was having an issue as well. UI was slow but responding so rebooted and everything appears to be okay.

Only have the following apps:

• Groups and Scenes
  • Hubitat Safety Monitor
  • Lock Code Manager
  • Lutron Integrator
  • Maker API
  • Zone Motion Controllers

Thinking about doing a soft reset. Wonder if there is a sneaky issue in Maker?

After further digging likely an errant device - this was in my device list for some reason:

"Zigbee device OSRAM:LIGHTIFY Dimming Switch" which was set to "device".

Don't own this not sure where it came from... so I paired it a while ago and removed it - looks almost like a Zigbee ghost...

I DO have an "OSRAM:LIGHTIFY Flex RGBW" which looks like it is still connected and working. It's on the edge of my network so have generally forgotten about it. Will probably remove it today.

edit: I guess it makes sense that Maker API would be affected since my instance contains both Zigbee and Z-Wave devices.

Just a word of caution for those who have a scheduled reboot for their hubs. Don't assume everything will will work when the hub comes back up. I rebooted one of my hubs this morning and when it came back up the Zigbee network was offline.

Fortunately, a second reboot brought the network backup.

Oh so now it's come to double reboots?

I'm curious, was this from a true reboot or just a restart of the HE service?

1 Like

I used the reboot hub option from the settings menu within the app.

Thanks for the info. I wonder why the zigbee radio didn't start though.....

Not sure, I just hope itโ€™s not a sign of things to come like the previous posts in this thread.

I also had this issue a few days ago.

I had this happen a few weeks ago and clicked out of it and back into and it resolved itself after a minute or two. Perhaps it was just initializing for longer than normal.
Another note - The warning notification doesn't refresh itself until you either refresh the page or change pages.

The device that seemed to cause my zigbee network to go offline was a faulty Iris plug. I'm not saying this is a "Peanut Panic" type situation though.. just that the device was bad. Since its removal I've had no issues.

1 Like

My Zigbee network had been offline for longer than a minute or two so I don't think it would have resolved itself.

When your whole house is automated it doesn't take long to realize when things aren't working the way they should.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.