Zigbee Network

Apologies

if this is the incorrect place for this but i'm working out building out my network, im curious why when i look at my network chart all devices connect directly to my hubitat instead of using the repeaters i have (switches)

The devices can connect to the hub OK so they don't need to go through a repeater. As you build out the mesh you may see them shift around a bit.

I'm just starting to build out a new mesh. I start with the devices closest to the hub and then progress out from there. As the devices get farther from the hub they should have plenty of options to pick the best path.

^^^ This. :slight_smile: Your devices will look around for a good connection, and if it's the hub they will gladly take it.

^^^^ Again, this. :wink: Especially important to install mains powered devices first, and then build out your battery powered contact/motion/leak/vibration/etc., sensors

Final bit of advice on top of the good info given so far... Don't get wrapped up in that zigbee graph tool. It is not an accurate or reliable picture of your zigbee health.

I'd even recommend that you never look at it again, at least not with any earnest expectations.

4 Likes

I was looking at it more to just see how things are connecting within the network. If I wanted to go though and see how the network health is, what would be the best way? Currently I really only have the hub and a bunch of inovelli switches (still need about 15 more to be done) starting to add Ike’s blinds and a few sensors.

My experience is that Zigbee reliability is best when connected directly to the hub.
I now have no repeaters, and hope to keep it that way.