"ZigBee network is offline" in brand new C-7

I'm getting this alert on the brand new C-7 purchased through Amazon. I'm migrating from a C-5 where the Zigbee devices worked perfectly. After painstakingly getting my Z-wave devices back in order, I realized I couldn't get my Zigbee devices connected to the C-7 and finally saw the "ZigBee network is offline" alert. I tried power cycling the hub. I tried disabling and reenabling the Zigbee radio. I tried changing the Zigbee channel and resetting the Zigbee radio. After all of this the Zigbee Network State is blank following the Pan ID and says "null" following the Extended Pan ID.

The only thing I have not tried is a soft reset and restore, which I haven't had time to do.

Past posts similar to this suggest a hardware problem. I'm still in the window for an Amazon return and will be exercising this option unless a better solution can be offered directly from Hubitat.

Tagging @support_team

2 Likes

Welcome back...as you can see, Support has been tagged, and they will be here soon to take care of things.

1 Like

Have you applied the latest update? It has a fix for zigbee offline 2.3.3.140. You can update from "settings" on the left menu

3 Likes

Yes, update was applied out of the box. Currently running 2.3.3.140.

My C-7 is also brand new running 2.3.3.140. I occasionally see some kind of connection, but it is often null. See related post here:
Cannot Pair Zigbee Auduro Smart Eria Wireless Switch - :bellhop_bell: Get Help / Devices - Hubitat

Something is definitely not working normally with this hub. I tried to perform a soft reset but after it went through the process, everything was retained. I was still able to log into the hub and all of my settings and devices had been preserved. I tried again and got an "Unknown Error Occurred" message and it will not complete a soft reset.

Please open a warranty case, if you didn't already, by visiting below page. It sounds like a hardware malfunction, and I would like to make sure that if returned to Amazon, they are not putting the hub back in inventory, which they are known to do from time to time. Instead, I would like to send you a new hub.

1 Like

Hi @bobbyD, am also experiencing the Zigbee network offline issue as well and purchased my Hub about a week ago. Is there anything you'd like me to do to verify that my hardware is either good or defective?

Nothing other than sending me a private message or open a warranty case. If the Zigbee offline message persists after updating to the latest version, it might be a hardware issue, although we are investigating a spike in Zigbee offline incidents in recent weeks.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue. New home construction. I installed 74 Leviton Zigbee switches and dimmers. No other Zigbee devices. I managed to get them all paired (wasn’t fun but I got there). I’ve had the hub (from Amazon) for a couple of months but only started using it a week or so ago. Had only been interacting with the switches via “devices”. I had trouble getting the dashboard to work….And noticed that the Zigbee Network was staying offline and my devices no longer respond to any commands from the hub. I tried downgrading the firmware and reloading. This did not help. I’m at a loss.

To provide closure on this, it was a defective hub. Many hours wasted. Lesson learned: make sure Z-wave and Zigbee are functioning before re-pairing everything.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.