ZigBee network is not online in new C7

Hi!

I have a new C7, and I haven't connected any zigabee devices to my hub yet I'm seeing "ZigBee network is not online." in my system messages. I have restarted the hub by disconnecting it from the power, and reset the zigabee network. However, the message is still there. I'm not sure what is causing it since I have only installed the Rachio, Phillips Hue, and Kasa integrations. I had Ecobee, but I was also getting the high CPU load message and so I got rid of that to see if it helps.

I haven't had the hub long so I'm not sure if there is something I should do reset or resolve the message; I've checked for updates and updated the firmware on the hub, but not much more than that. Again, at this point there are no zigabee devices -- only wifi and ethernet.. so I'm not sure why the network would go down. Any ideas?

One of the hub’s responses when it is stressed (not necessarily pertaining to zigbee) is it shuts down the zigbee radio.

Can you try disabling those integrations, rebooting and then seeing if it recurs?

2 Likes

You can go to the Logs tab, and see if there are any [errors] in the logs.

Also, if you tab over once you are in the Logs tab, there are App Stats and Device Stats. Open the settings in each of these (indicated by the arrow in the screenshot below) and select everything in that hidden menu. See if anything is using excessive time or stands out from the rest of the apps or devices.

2 Likes

Tagging @bobbyD from Hubitat Support, just in case it might be a HW issue.

3 Likes

Here are the stats I'm seeing:

It doesn't look like anything special in device stats; in app stats, the Phillips hue bridge integration has way more % busy than I would expect considering it doesn't have any devices connected to it at the moment. I'm wondering if that is the issue; per @marktheknife 's suggestion I started removing some integrations and I was rebooting as I went. However, after seeing Phillips Hue spike; I'm very suspicious of that app

Please send me a PM with your hub's MAC address along with purchase order details. It sounds like you may be dealing with a hardware malfunction.

4 Likes