Zigbee Locks


#1

Anyone using any zigbee locks?

I have 1 of the Yale: YRD226 Assure Lock Touchscreen

I have not moved it yet. I do not see any generic lock driver for zigbee locks (I do see a zwave).

Is there any driver in the works from the Hubitat folks for zigbee locks? Anyone gotten their own or a smartthings driver to work?

I am putting off 4 more of these being purchased, don’t want them to be expensive paper weights.


#2

Hey did you get an answer to this ?


#3

I have 4 Schlage zigbee locks that work great. So much better than my old z-wave ones.


#4

I have 4 Yale zigbee locks. They work great with Hubitat.


#5

I am migrating from SmartThings and have a Danalock V3 (zigbee) deadbolt lock.
Although I can pair it with Hubitat and able to lock / unlock, there is no status update.
Without knowing what state the lock is in, it cannot be used. Not sure if this applies to other locks.


#6

All these locks don’t seem very reliable to me.

Seems it’s 80 percent of the time they lock and the other 20 percent they fail.

Is this incorrect?


#7

Depends on the lock, technology, and how good of a communication mesh you have...

I haven't had a missed lock/unlock on my zigbee Kwikset locks ever, and I can't remember noticing the status ever being incorrect either.

I did have some missed events when I used zwave Kwikset modules, though. But definitely not as high as 20%.


#8

So my zigbee variant of the Yale YRD256 is working "better". Rule I've created to verify door is closed (via a recessed sensor) and lock is unlocked then lock the door after a slight delay does not fire all the time for some reason - seems to fail if I haven't opened the door in a while. However the lock always seems responsive to unlocking via the device page. Lock codes and reporting from the lock seem to work as well.

When my lock had the Z-Wave module in it it would just stop responding from time to time, Had trouble pairing (beaming or something, I guess) even though I tried various festive things like relocating the router and adding repeaters etc. This was/is also true of my older Z-wave Yale lock.

I don't know what is going on but frustratingly cannot seem to replicate the problems in a timely matter and I don't really have the time to dive into this when there are so many other things to do - it's working well enough. Anecdotally though (reading through all the threads, seeing common themes) HE seems to have issues with lock handling for some reason - maybe a lower level system issue I dunno.


#9

Did you ever sort the Hubitat with Danalock V3 (zigbee) issue? I am considering that setup so doing my research before committing. Also as I am in Australia we use a different frequency for Z-wave so I was trying to avoid the Z-wave US lock options. That said I am thinking the Schlage Connect Zigbee might be the best for me.


#10

Yes. The lock is working on the Hubitat hub using the Generic ZigBee Lock device.
At the time I was converting all my devices over from SmartThings and was having trouble with getting the lock working. Even though I could lock/unlock it I wasn't able to get the status of it. As I remember I came back several days later and was able to get it to work properly. While I am not exactly sure what my initial problem was I suspect I may have forgotten to click on configure after it paired.

Like I said, it works great but I only use the lock/unlock feature. I can't speak to any other features such as programmed user codes because I never tried to use them. I'm not even sure why anyone would need to other than to use the DanaLock phone app.


#11

I've had really bad luck with Schlage Z Wave locks and wound up returning them. BUT, I've had GREAT luck with the Kwikset Zigbee ones. I'd say it's really close to 100% reliability. The locks report their status correctly, and lock/unlock instantly.

Specifically I've used the 911 which I added the Zigbee module to, 912 model (non deadbolt kind).