Zigbee firmware updates

Thanks for the Zigbee firmware updates. I do have a question, though, for @mike.maxwell .

When we start an update, so I need to stay on that update until it finishes, or can I move onto another update while this is running?

you should be able to run more than one, but keep in mind the more that are running the longer they all will take...

@mike.maxwell @bravenel

Where are the ZigBee firmware files stored? I have a zigbee light switch that has the "Update Firmware" option in the Hubitat device driver. I had previously used it successfully.

The manufacturer has release an updated firmware file, but when I click on the Update Firmware option, there is no prompt for firmware file and it says my version is up to date (still matches the old version).

The vendor says they sent the updated file to Hubitat, but my driver is not seeing it. I'm guessing you keep the firmware files on Hubitat cloud? It is possible to store them locally on the hub? I have a copy of the updated firmware file.

Sorry I can't give vendor/model details in an open forum due to NDA agreement but its a vendor you already have a previous zigbee firmware file for. I just need it updated to the current version.

The files are stored on one of our cloud servers, then downloaded to the hub on request.
The vendor in question did send me the file, and I told them i would let them know when the file was available and online, which I did about 30 minutes ago...

2 Likes

thank mike. its updating now...

Since it downloads from Hubitat cloud to the local hub, is it possible for us to load them ourselves locally?

It isn't

@mike.maxwell
I am a bit confused. I just noticed the Update Firmware action on the Device Page for my Zigbee sensors. I did a search on here, but did not find any step-by-step instructions on how to use it. Being the daredevil that I am, I have clicked on it and as far as I can tell nothing happens. Is there some documentation available on how this is supposed to work. I have a lot of devices that need to be updated and would love to get this working.

YF :cowboy_hat_face:

Also it would be cool to know what devices have updates available, instead of having to look at each one individually. Like a firmware updates page that lists all of our devices that have updates pending. As far as I know, that doesn't exist now

5 Likes

@YapFlapper @g.shepperd This was listed on 2.2.7's release... See here

1 Like