Zigbee Door Lock

Yup, as I said, that solves the debate here (here meaning in NYC where I live, not here in this online forum) :wink:.

For anywhere else, I hope each homeowner carefully weighs the risk of impeding the fastest possible exit from a burning building vs. the ability of a double-cylinder lock to actually provide more meaningful protection against a break-in than a single-cylinder lock would.

2 Likes

I think @tomas1 addresses that, at least in part, in this comment -

2 Likes

yup, as you mentioned above as well. Bad guys can kick in a door with either double or single cylinder deadbolts too.

2 Likes

This are for 2 internal doors that don't require extreme security measures.
I am looking for something I can by from Aliexpress, since importing from US would be too expensive for this case.

Thanks

I got the Tuya Zigbee lock, i was trying to add it , Hubitat found it as device , saved, and i change the type to generic zigbee lock, but didnt complet pairing , the lock light continue flashing,
the logs:
sys:12021-06-13 04:15:58.658 am Zigbee Discovery Stopped

dev:232021-06-13 04:15:57.985 am infofingerprint profileId:"0104", endpointId:"01", inClusters:"0000,000A,0004,0005,EF00", outClusters:"0019", model:"TY0A01", manufacturer:"_TYST12_olbmghzu"

dev:232021-06-13 04:15:57.718 am traceZCL version:03

dev:232021-06-13 04:15:57.712 am traceSoftware Build Id:unknown

dev:232021-06-13 04:15:57.710 am traceModel:TY0A01

dev:232021-06-13 04:15:57.708 am traceManufacturer:_TYST12_olbmghzu

dev:232021-06-13 04:15:57.520 am debuggetting info for unknown Zigbee device...

sys:12021-06-13 04:15:55.450 am Created Unknown Zigbee Device

dev:232021-06-13 04:15:55.433 am debugconfigure() called...

sys:12021-06-13 04:15:54.069 am Initializing Zigbee Device 5C0272FFFEBC03B9, 8560

sys:12021-06-13 04:14:58.654 am Zigbee Discovery Running

sys:12021-06-13 04:14:21.802 am Zigbee Discovery Stopped

Hey, wondering if you have had any luck pairing the lock with Hubitat.

I bought one and it’s on its way. Hope it works :grimacing::slightly_smiling_face:

I just got a Tuya vibration sensor vibrating, but I had to jump through some hoops to find a driver that allowed it to function, even partially. Try different drivers and see if one works.

Personally, I would never use a Tuya lock as the lock on an exterior door. It might be OK for an interior door to the closet where you keep all your skeletons :open_mouth: or to keep a wine cellar secure. I looked up the specs on the TL300Z residential lock. It says it is made of a zinc alloy. I want my locks made from sturdier stuff.

I use Schlage locks because they are rated ANSI Grade 1, which is the highest level. Kwikset and Yale locks receive a rating of ANSI Grade 2, which is acceptable, but not as secure/durable as Grade 1 locks. These locks are rather expensive, but since they are your first line of defense against home invasion, I think they are worth it.

I have a client that I am recommending HE to for their beach house automations but they have Schlage locks (not sure which model yet) - kind of dreading having to incorporate those due to the lack of HE support.

The zigbee locks (BE468GBAK) are supported. The zwave+ locks (BE469ZP) largely seem to work. The issue largely seems to be with the original z-wave versions (BE469/BE468).

2 Likes

I have been very hesitant to recommend anything Schlage but do like the look and security of their locks. Will definitely reconsider now.. thanks for the heads up!!

I'm not sure where the client got theirs or how old the locks are. Hopefully Z-Wave+ (or Zigbee) :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I have the Schlage Connect Z-wave lock. I did have to add a Z-wave repeater (Aeotec 7 Range Extender) a few feet away from the lock to insure reliable operation. The lock paired nicely with S2 Access Control security. Every time the lock is locked or unlocked, whether by the keypad, the physical lever inside or by Hubitat, the event is logged. If a code is used to open the door, the code is logged. That way, if you assign multiple codes to track users, you know who accessed the lock. Thus, the device driver works well.

I realize there is now a Schlage Zigbee lock. When I got mine, Zigbee was unavailable. The lock was one of the first Z-wave devices I purchased to add to my Smartthings hub. Now I have many Zigbee and Z-wave devices. If I decided to get a 2nd Schlage smart lock for another door, I am not sure whether I would go with Zigbee or Z-wave.

1 Like

eager to know your door lock work with hubitat or not. i'm also planning buy one.
so many answer are out of topic...

If you purchase a new Schlage Z-wave Plus lock, it should work with Hubitat as it is officially supported. I suggest you pair it within a few feet of the hub and then install it in the door after pairing. For reliable operation, it is likely you will need to install a Z-wave range extender/repeater within a few feet of the lock to insure reliable operation. Depending upon your home's layout, another repeater closer to the hub might also be required.

Is there any zigbee smart lock which is installed from inside, and has 3 positions? That means locked, unlocked, open - the "open" position would do another half turn to open the latch, when you have knob instead of handle from outside. This is what I mean:

Any luck with this lock, just got one and paired successfully, the problem is to set the lock/unlock position.

Tuya locks are not supported directly even in Home Assistant... So the chances are nearly zero to be ever supported in HE.

What is the mobile application that works with this lock - is it Airbnk / WeHere ? Or Tuya SmartLife via Tuya Zigbee gateway box?

1 Like

It’s airbnk/WeHere app.

Are there any Alexa skills for airbnk/WeHere?
This is one possible way for integration to HE.