Zigbee Devices Stopped Working

Hello everyone - Having an issue with all my Zigbee Devices not responding anymore.
Hub Version: 2.3.5.152
Hub: Rev C-8.
Connection: wired.

I was running 2.3.5.152 for about 3 months without any issues, but decided to update the version. I went to 2.3.6.136 and that seemed fine. I noticed my Zigbee devices started to slow down a bit the other day. For example, my contact sensor would take 5-10 seconds to show the door was open. I rebooted the hub and everything seemed fine again.

Last night, I updated to 2.3.6.139 and that's when I noticed all my Zigbee devices stopped responding. I tried:

• Shutting the hub down, waiting a couple minutes, and powering it back on.
  • Downgrading the firmware back to 2.3.5.152 and restoring a backup I took prior to the upgrades
  • Tried pairing a new Zigbee Device. The device was not detected.
  • Tried resetting and pairing an existing device. The device was not detected.
  • Tried updating to 2.3.6.140 that was just released, no luck.

I am not getting any messages regarding 'Zigbee Network is Offline' like I saw in other posts.

Any ideas?

So on the Settings>Zigbee Details page things look normal, correct?

Any recent changes to your Wi-Fi network? Settings changes, new hardware, repeaters, etc?

This is what I see when I navigate there:

I did make some changes to my Mesh network yesterday and didn't realize that would have an effect on Zigbee. I have 3 Eero 6e devices and was seeing an issue where they were choosing to connect to each other via Wifi vs the wired connection I have for them. Support had me swap two of the devices yesterday which I did (and strangely fixed the issue I was seeing there).

So basically the eero that I had in the living room is now in the basement and the eero I had in the basement is now in the Living room.

Unless the changes affected the channels Eero is using for Wi-Fi, or suddenly increased interference for some reason, I would not expec that swapping the location of a couple Eero devices should not blow your entire mesh up. Especially if swapping them ensured they were connecting via Ethernet.

Do you know what channels your 2.4GHz Wi-Fi is using? If not can you check settings or do a scan to determine that? One thing you want to avoid is causing interference between Wi-Fi and Zigbee, which both use 2.4GHz.

Taggin @support_team as maybe they can check engineering logs if they are available, to see if anything looks odd there. Proactively, send your Hub's UID (Settings>Hub Details) in a PM to @support_team.

Following up on this. I ended up changing the Zigbee Channel to 25 and noticed I was able to pair a new Zigbee device. I then went and re-paired a handful of devices before calling it a night.
The following day, the remaining Zigbee devices had connected and I have been good to go.

Thanks for the suggestions and help @danabw

1 Like

OK, great, glad things are working better for you.

Now you can have some fun with your new forum alias... :slight_smile:

1 Like

Maybe suggest something like @danfan next time :rofl:

2 Likes