Zigbee Contact Sensors - External input

How did you get on with this sensor please?

I've had Aqara sensors in the past which have dropped off the network after a while - didn't know if these were any more reliable.

I haven't added any new sensors to HE for a while, including this project.

Hi, I used a Smartthings water sensor and soldered 2 wires to the top sensor plate. So far it's worked a treat for 12 months. Also they're ZigBee and it's never dropped off

1 Like

So im using iris v1 sensor as a relay input to detect power failure and return.
Everything works fine unless the UPS ran down and the hub is rebooting while the contact change is sent then its missed.

So the question is which of the sensors above will send the contact state on a poll request and not just when the contact changes. After the hub boots up I need it to poll the relay inputs and get the status. but none of the sensors I have support anything but sending when the state changes

Generally, battery powered devices cannot be polled. Because the device's radio may not be active during polling. For instance, even when updating a parameter in a battery-powered sensor, I first activate the device to ensure its radio is active.

1 Like

The Hub would be within a couple of feet of the sensors.
The WADWAZ-1 would be perfect but too pricy for my project.
Thanks for the info.

I found something new:

I bought one just now to see if I can get it to work.

3 Likes

I bought one too, I hope it will pair with my Hubitat or maybe some nice person will write a driver for it... It will probably take a week or two to get here.

1 Like

Woohoo Eight Inputs/Outputs!

Item 1005006132345060

2 Likes