Zigbee Channel Recommendation

I know there have been a few posts but I still want the advice of our community experts on this.

Hue Hub - channel 20
Main HE Hub - Channel 24
Dev HE Stick - Channel 20

I want to move my dev stick to an appropriate channel that does not conflict with Hue. Below if my 2.4ghz Wifi channel scan. What zigbee channel would you folks recommend? Of course the pink bar is my 2.4 network. The rest are my neighbors.

I'm assuming zigbee channel 11 should be good but wanted to confirm before making the change and resetting my devices.

Impatience got the better of me. Going with Channel 15...only because I have quite a few ST zigbee devices and that was one of the default channel options on the ST hub.

:crossed_fingers: hoping this was a good choice.

By coincidence, I'm setting up my second HE today (used for Tradfri/Aqara zigbee devices, virtual devices and some rules).

My primary hub is on zigbee channel 20. I thinking about using channel 25 for the second hub. Does that seem ok?

I seen others who had issues with Samsung/ST devices on the upper end of the zigbee channels. My main hub is on 24 (cutting it close)...anything higher and you might run into issues if you have to plan to purchase these devices.

1 Like

I am still in the process of re configuring to multiple hubs. The server hub I left as both Zwave and Zigbee and left the Zigbee on channel 20 for now. Going to leave problem devices like light bulbs and a few switches on it. The zigbee only remote hub I put all my Xiaomi and Xiaomi friendly devices on (most of my zigbee devices) and also have it on channel 20. I have not seen any issues yet.
I may change the server hub zigbee channel to 15 in the future though.
There will only be 5-6 zigbee devices on the server hub.

I didn't have very good results with channel 25 and I would definitely stay away from channel 26 due to lower power rating thus less range.
Don't forget to adjust your 2.4 wifi channel as well.

2 Likes

I have my
C4 hub on 20 200+ devices Zigbee and z-wave
C5 hub on 18 30 devices Zigbee
ST on 20 10 Zigbee devices
Hue on 25 30 devices

Everything working great except when I want to add zigbee devices. I have to turn off the C4. I have 4 xbee and too many repeater s on it and they are messing up my discovery.

2 Likes

I had problems on 25 and had to move to 20. Some things would not pair at all on 25.

1 Like