ZigBee channel question

Currently, I only have Zwave devices and Hue lights running through a Hue hub. My wifi APs are using channels 1 and 6 and I have Hue using channel 25.

I plan to add some ZigBee motion sensors. I'm thinking I should make sure they are not using the same channel as the Hue correct? I was thinking of setting HE to use channel 24 or does it need to be further away from Hue?

Have my WiFi on 1, Hue on 25 and HE on 20. More zigbee than z-wave here, with no issues. :+1:

WiFi fixed to channel 1.
Hue channel 11.
HE on 22. No issues.

Zigbee on channel 20. Seems to be one of the most compatible channels.

Channel 15 worked very well for me. In fact I was on 22 with my WiFi AP on 1 and switched HE to channel 15 and my AP to 11 and my Rssi signal strength improved a good deal for all devices.

Here are all the 2.4GHz APs in my neighborhood. With some ID-10-T running on channel 8 so they step on both channel 6 and channel 11. Luckily for me it's a weak signal.

Good article and illustrations here:

I found that zigbee was more reliable on channel 15. I also ended up getting a couple of xbees as whatever channel I used I seemed to suffer with problems. Never quite got to the bottom of it as the same setup worked ok on ST. See my story here.