Zigbee battery devices refusing repeaters. Why?

Very few of my battery operated devices run through a repeater. This wouldn't bother me if some of their transmissions were not getting lost.

The ones that get lost the most are my Sylvania Lightify contact sensors.

Here is my Child/Route Table..

Here is the graphic of my zigbee mesh...

For example, this door sensor is literally 18" away from the basement step mmWave sensor. But it appears to be only connected to the hub which is one floor up and the opposite end of the house.

I'm reading here that rebuilding or rebooting zigbee doesn't seem to be the answer and may cause more issues. Thoughts? Suggestions?

I have several Xiaomi devices (highlighted in yellow). I bought the Ikea plugs (highlighted in green) as repeaters as the building a strong zigbee network post, suggested, but nothing seems to be using them--all directly connect to the hub except for the cube which has an alternate route through an mm wave sensor.

Zigbee devices are "sticky" on routes and may take a long time (or never) reroute when new repeaters are added.

One thing you can try to give your Zigbee devices a bump is shut down and unplug your hub for ~20m. That will put your Zigbee devices into "panic mode" - then you restart your hub and the Zigbee devices will rebuild their neighbor tables as the Zigbee mesh comes up and may decide to route through nearby repeaters.