ZigBee Arrival Sensor For Car

Hi Dana,

Thank you for your kind words. I really appreciate the question since many of us probably have the same questions.

I was making improvement on the current board. The plan is there in the future. However, I want to take a step back and consider a few things for the next version. Therefore, I cannot make guarantee that I will eventually send the revised board to the manufacturer.

In the event that I will not be moving forward with the new board. I know that the idea is useful. I know that the commercial option from ST is not available anymore. For myself, It would be a waste to throw this board away.

Therefore, I personally would continue using mine. I will find a battery that is protected and use it with my own sensor. Now, I do not want to influence you one way or the other. I just want to make sure that this option is on the table. This is what I will do on my sensors.

If you do decide to try the protected battery path, I do not think retrofit is required. However, in extreme case, the battery protection on the arrival sensor can be removed. Again, doing this will require a battery protection from the battery side. I am not sure if removing the on board battery protection is necessary. But, this is possible with some soldering if we are concern about the existing battery protection on the board would cause problem.

Thanks
Iman

4 Likes

What can we do to encourage/influence you to produce the revision? I, for one, will gladly pay extra if that makes a difference. Is there a quantity that makes it worth your time/effort? Anything at all?

And the same goes for more of your environment sensors.

8 Likes

I'll take a few of those as well!

3 Likes

I'm also interested in a few

I would be interested also in a few.

Count me in also.

@iharyadi I am interested in a few as well.

looks like demand is pretty high. :grin:
you should open your mini factory again

I believe I have mentioned it before. I do this as hobby not for commercial. I cannot guarantee inventory.

I am quite busy at the moment. It may take sometime to make a new batch. I just want to make sure I don't waste every body time requesting the sensor here. When I have a new batch, I will update everyone here.

9 Likes

Well said, and everyone just needs to be patient and remember you have a life outside of hubitat. :wink:

4 Likes

@iharyadi Iā€™m down to purchase a few of your creation as well. Excited to see when / if you take up production again.

1 Like

@iharyadi Me too. Probably two.

@iharyadi i'm in.

I don't think he's currently doing any...

Can't hurt to ask.

Well i have one that i have never been able to get to behave.

One house to the next. The only device on zigbee mesh. Included with all my other devices. Battery no battery. It always ends up giving me the device recovered from loss of parent message every few seconds and not responding to changes. I have not been able to deduce what the requirements are to keep it working. I know @iharyadi has stated that these devices done act typically in a zigbee mesh i just cannot figure out the secret sauce.

I even mailed it back to @iharyadi and he stated it worked fine. This will be the first device that i just completely give up on.

All that to say im going with its a me thing and am willing to ship this to someone who wants it

PM sent.

If you are in US ill just ship it for free.

If somewhere more expensive you can paypal me the shipping costs.

I'm in US.

Cool give me the addy and ill get it in the mail in the next few days.

1 Like