Zigbee 3.0 Water shut-off, dome valve clone? (34.00USD)any feedback?

I'm guessing they have the exact same motor and are from the same OEM. Perhaps @jchurch's valve moves more freely than your ball valve. I've seen huge differences between brand new ball valves from my local plumbing supply shop ...

Good to know. I changed my valve about 6 months ago when I saw the dome motor struggling, but my ball valve was about 15 years old.

1 Like

Yeah i'd have thought they are using the same motor. It's possible I might be able to slide it forward a bit more for further leverage maybe something I could play around with and check. That said the motor appeared to have more than enough torque to turn it but I suppose if I can help it I probably should.

Oh boy, you sound like me.
My dad's used to say, if it ain't broke, ...keep screwing with it.
Oh wait, I think it was, ...don't fix it.
My dad never knew how to have fun :grinning:
anyway.
Now I'm second guessing myself...
Does the longer arm make it harder or easier on the motor? Any physics majors around here??

2 Likes

You pretty much need the centerline of the two pivot points to be in line. When they don't line up you will have trouble. The geared motors in these devices have plenty of torque. Get it moving and try to stop it.

1 Like

Funny I had to put my off centre slightly but I suppose each installation could be slightly different to another. That said I don't have any issues with torque opening and closing the valve so I will just leave it. I have a spare anyways in the event something did go wrong with it so no fuss.